Based on 2 reviews
Help make it easier for other Avvo users to choose the right lawyer by sharing your experience with this attorney. It's fast, simple, and safe.
Lawyers: Use the Peer Endorsements section to provide input about other attorneys.
Robert hooked me in with a low ball retainer. Then proceded, in my view, to represent my adversary. I fired Robert and hired a new attorney that very quickly addressed my needs that Robert had drawn out for weeks and Robert charged me more. Needless to say hiring two lawyers is expensive!
Wished I could disagree with prior rating... but had the misfortune of using Mr. Kizer. He talked a very good game. However, in my child custody case, where my child (1 of 2) wanted to live with us, he did the following items incorrectly or poorly :
*Advised us to file with the court WHILE the decree he had a copy of stated we must mediate (but we foolishly listened)
* Created simple filings that the opposing counsel had to correct AND he charged us for the fixes
* Advised us to get a child counselor to provide a witness for my child - while decree said not to do so (all of the procedural issues made the judge very angry)
* Day of court didn't even have child counselor letter (the one piece of evidence he wanted us to get) with him ** Didn't have us fill out a standard discovery document
* When we complained about the bill and the quality of work he ** demanded payment AND ** filed a letter with the court saying we were the problem
* We were specific about our complaints and they were not addressed.
** ADVICE TO YOU : STAY CLEAR. Hopefully this is specific enough so you know that the complaint is legitimate.