Tad A. Nelson’s Answers

Tad A. Nelson

Houston Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. I am from texas, how many failure tests are u allowed in two years? I have 2 mo. to go and had so far 4 the last one last week.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Macy Michelle Jaggers
    2. Richard Timothy Jones
    3. James C Forslund
    4. Tad A. Nelson
    5. Curtis Dale Paschall
    5 lawyer answers

    Zero. The purpose of the machine is to make sure you aren't consuming! IN HARRIS COUNTY YOU WOULD GET LOCKED UP. In the surrounding you may just get a stern warning. As far as your PO, if he's any good, he already knows. Good luck. I am on 518 if you need anything. Tad Nelson 820 East Main Street League City, Texas 77573 281.280.0100 www.houstongalvestonlawyer.com tad@thenelsonfirm.com

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Cant stop registry as sex offender how can i do that

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Richard Timothy Jones
    2. Tad A. Nelson
    3. Matthew Patrick Horak
    4. Bart Charles Craytor
    4 lawyer answers

    I need to know a lot more to actually advise you. But probation and registration are not linked, not even in the slightest. But all is not lost, Texas recently has implemented a deregistration process that allows people that are low-risk an opportunity to get off the registration roles. However it is a complicated process, you need to call a local criminal defense lawyer that is comfortable with the new procedures to see if it something that may work for you.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. I was arrested for possession of a controlled substance charges were dropped , how do i get the arrest expunged

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones
    2. Bart Charles Craytor
    3. Tracy Mcneill Pullan
    4. Tad A. Nelson
    4 lawyer answers

    You need to get to a good local criminal defense lawyer ASAP. The first thing he will do for you is pursue the actual documentation that shows your case has been "dropped". Although I understand what you are trying to say, dropped is not a legal term. Was your case dismissed or did the government decide to not take charges because of a lack of probable cause. There are still so many questions; and that is why you need a good local lawyer to walk you through the issues! Good luck!

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. The ADA told me to not come back without an attorney.

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Anna Morrison Goodwin
    2. Kenneth Love Jr.
    3. Alan James Brinkmeier
    4. Celia V. Visser
    5. Tad A. Nelson
    5 lawyer answers

    Politely ask the court coordinator to allow you to approach the judge. Although it might not be the wisest thing you can do, to represent yourself, it is your right. Unfortunately assistant district attorneys often think they are in charge of things that really have nothing to do with them.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. I was lied to by my attorney and told I had to take a deal. Can I reopen my case and win?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Christopher John Gansen
    2. David Ian Schoen
    3. Samuel Cohen
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. Neil James Fraser
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    Very very doubtful, but if your lawyer is shown to have been ineffective you may have a chance. It is a very tough burden because you take a plea and you would have to show that you lawyer was actually more than incompetent, you would probably have to show that he intentionally hide information to make you plea. Unfortunately you have a very bad situation. Good luck, Tad

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

We're ready to help. Contact us today.