Skip to main content
Warren Vincent Norred

Warren Norred’s Answers

846 total

  • Can I be heard and prove my accusations of predatory lender and possible fraud

    My home has already been foreclosured. Doing bad business with bad people and finding out my lender is a predatory lender. Looking at all my documents I believe fraud is a major issue and why I lost my home. The company had me in circles believing...

    Warren’s Answer

    Maybe. How long ago was this? How much of the communications were in written, i.e., provable?

    People try to argue that a lender was working with them on a modification, but rarely have any promises in writing.

    Take all the written documents to a local attorney competent in consumer law. If you can write down in bulleted form the events surrounding the foreclosure, it helps. Start with dates that you bought the house, stopped paying on it or missed payments, received letters, emails, etc.

    Good luck!

    See question 
  • How can we search for patents and get a patent?

    Situation is my friend and I have an idea we tried searching for the patent and see if anything was taken. But couldn't find anything.

    Warren’s Answer

    The easiest place to start looking through patents (for newbies) is to go to and search using descriptive words. Just pull the first one up, and get familiar with the various parts of a patent.

    But before even that, go to the link I provided and read through the instructions. Then you can mess around in the google database, the USPTO database, and then others as you get better.

    It is worth hiring an attorney to do a real patent search. Obviously, those of us who have done this a couple hundred times will be a bit better at it. This is not a place to skimp, and the beauty of it is that you can hire any of us, anywhere in the world, to do this.

    There is a lot more that one can say about this process, including the problem of analogous art - an orthopedic tool may not be patentable because carpenters have used a similar tool to accomplish similar ends for decades.

    Realize you are trying to prove a negative. Not an easy task.

    See question 
  • How do you terminate a Joint Venture that doesn't exist?

    Last March, I stupidly signed a JV deal with a U.K. based record label. I'm from the U.S. At the time, the label had only correspondence with my manager up until a few days before I signed it. Turned out to be a huge mistake. Since then the label ...

    Warren’s Answer

    You could seek a declaratory judgment that the contract is over, citing a number of reasons (like a lack of agreement to mutual terms).

    Not too difficult or pricey. Contact one of your local attorneys (ahem) and bring the contract to the consultation.

    See question 
  • How can I make someone refinance a vehicle to get it out of my name since they are the one driving it?

    I helped a friend purchase a vehicle and the bank loan is in my name and he's the cosigner. He was supposed to refinance it only in his name and he has yet to do so. He does not have his own insurance on it, only the insurance I carry since I'm t...

    Warren’s Answer

    First of all, you need to lock this into your brain so it never happens again. If you enter a financial arrangement with a friend, you need an attorney to paper it up properly. Second, if you cosign for a friend, recognize that it is VERY likely you will be left holding the bill, and not the car. Third, you need to send an email to your friend (or at least a text), and tell him that you need to be shown proof that he has insurance, and that if he can't refinance the car in the next 30 days, then the two of you need to sit down with an attorney. If he's not willing to do that (and I'll bet that he doesn't), then you need to get a copy of the title, make sure it is in your name, and then either sue him for possession of the car, report it as stolen, or something.

    You'll have to get aggressive on this, or you will be taken advantage of.

    See question 
  • How can I tell if this contract is legitimate? I want to make sure I'm not being fooled out of all my rights to my own stuff.

    Recently had an Internet video go viral, and I was approached by a licensing company to buy my video rights and set up a royalty agreement. They are giving us an "advance" and I don't quite understand the contract. I want to make sure I'm not ge...

    Warren’s Answer

    I strongly suggest that you visit with an attorney that talks about copyrights on his website and appears knowledgeable. It doesn't have to be local, but you do want to have someone look over the contract.

    See question 
  • So my question is it legal for them to not respond to my messages so they can charge me for a week of storage?

    My car was repossessed by hide and seek recovery in lewisville, tx. Ok that not the issue but they are trying to charge me $90.00 for storing my stuff, and well maybe it would be ok with me but I called the first day on a Friday and no answer but ...

    Warren’s Answer

    Go get your stuff. Tell them that they have two choices. They can charge you half of the $90, since it is their fault it took so long, or you will pay the $90, followed by a small claims suit to recover it all.

    Life is short, though. I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it.

    See question 
  • Can the person that signed my Power of Attorney claim me on his taxes?

    I just turned 18 on November 1st of 2015. I don't have a job. I am a senior in high school. I moved out of my parents house and in with my spouse while I was still 17 and he pays for everything for me.

    Warren’s Answer

    The power of attorney issue is a separate and irrelevant issue. See answers on your other similar question.

    See question 
  • Will they seize our bank account?

    My husband pays child support and has been paying it but they just went back to court for a modification and increased his child support and awarded his ex wide retroactive back to the date she filed. Theat put him behind on child support but he i...

    Warren’s Answer

    Usually the AG won't do anything when the records about what happened are clear and the payer is doing what he's supposed to do and no one is complaining.

    See question 
  • Can he claim me on his taxes seeing as how he pays for everything? If so, what does he need in order to claim me?

    I just turned 18 on November 1st of 2015. I don't have a job. I am a senior in high school. I moved out of my parents house and in with my spouse while I was still 17 and he pays for everything for me. I haven't lived with my parents since Novembe...

    Warren’s Answer

    Looks like all he needs is your SSN, since you are his dependent.

    See question 
  • Before I file this year what actions do I need to take and about how much am I likely to actually owe?

    I was a waiter for many years and haven't paid my taxes. I have filed the past 2 years (2013 and 2014) and received a letter from the IRS stating I owed them $24,000 for not filing in 2010,11, and 12.

    Warren’s Answer

    If you don't tell the IRS what you are earning, it makes guesses, and then adds penalties, and all sorts of bad things can happen. Get your taxes done, immediately, even if you can't pay the taxes. THEN, contact a local attorney for a potential Chapter 13 to get your finances in order.

    There are no short cuts.

    See question