Jimmy Frank Chester’s Answers

Jimmy Frank Chester

Dallas Trademark Application Attorney.

Contributor Level 8
  1. Service marks and trademark infringement lawsuits

    Answered almost 6 years ago.

    1. Jimmy Frank Chester
    2. Oscar Michelen
    2 lawyer answers

    While I do not disagree with the other answer, I wish to provide some additional points to consider. One is the cost of litigation - you can go broke being "right." That said, if you have a strong case, you shouldn't feel intimidated merely because the opponent is a large company. I agree that the key will be the word in particular that you are allegedly infringing - as well any overlap between the respective markets served be each company. Also, since this other company is a "major...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. I am starting a PR firm and i dont know whether to be an LLC, Enterprise, Corporated, Incorporated?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Robert Neil Newton
    2. Jeffrey Bruce Gold
    3. Jimmy Frank Chester
    4. Ian Edmund Scott
    5. Kerry Blasingim
    5 lawyer answers

    Short answer is - it depends. It is likely that an LLC would make the most sense, though the situation merits a discussion with legal counsel as well as tax experts. Regarding the TM, the most "bang for the buck" would be the USPTO registration. See my blog post here: http://chester-law.com/practical-tip-top-roi-legal-dollars/

  3. What kind of paperwork is needed in naming someone an officer of a Texas Corporation?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Jimmy Frank Chester
    2. Leslie William Adams
    2 lawyer answers

    While there are any number of variables and special circumstances that can change my response, I'll address the "typical" situation: Officers (such as a "treasurer") in a corporation are generally elected/appointed by the "Board" (i.e., the company's directors). To appoint you as treasurer, the directors either need call a formal director meeting and hold a vote (and jot down minutes of the meeting for the company records), or - assuming the company's governing documents allow it -...

  4. Purchase of a inc.

    Answered about 5 years ago.

    1. Jimmy Frank Chester
    2. Larry S. Wilson
    3. Ronald Anthony Sarno
    4. Jonathan H Levy
    4 lawyer answers

    While all transactions are unique, below are some typical steps for a self of single-lender financing: 1. Have parties sign a non-disclosure agreement. 2. Enter into negotiations 3. Execute a non-binding letter of intent (or term sheet) outlining the key terms - the agreement should only be binding with regards to confidentiality and exclusivity of negotiations for a given amount of time. 4. Conduct due diligence - this involves obtaining information about the company financials,...