David Samuel Kerpel’s Answers

David Samuel Kerpel

Deerfield Divorce / Separation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Does ex husband need to pay the same amount of child support eventhough one child has reached 18 years old?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Judy A. Goldstein
    2. Michael R. Stetler
    3. David Samuel Kerpel
    4. Sean Michael Lazzari
    4 lawyer answers

    It depends if the child has graduated from high school yet. In Illinois, child support is paid until the child turns 18 or graduates from high school, whichever is later, but in no event beyond age 19. A little before this occurs,, the person paying support will want to file a petition to decrease child support (or terminate if this is theater child).

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. If a vehicle title is in my name, and was not claimed in the divorce do I owe half of it's value to my ex?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Tina Marie Fox
    2. Sean Michael Lazzari
    3. Paolo Daniele Nordini
    4. Joseph Henry Sparacino
    5. David Samuel Kerpel
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Often times. There is a provision in a settlement agreement that assigns property "in his or her respective name", or something similar. Look to see if there is a phrase similar to this to determine if it could be covered. You might also want to check the transcript from the prove up if there was one, which might provide additional insight.