David Carlton Zoeller’s Answers

David Carlton Zoeller

Madison Class Action Attorney.

Contributor Level 7
  1. Sub contractor/self employement rights, contract contridictions, charge back fees from company....

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. David Carlton Zoeller
    2. James Thomas Kinder
    2 lawyer answers

    Employees in the Satellite installation field are commonly misclassified as independent contractors and are unlawfully subject to pay deductions, and suffered and permitted to work overtime hours without overtime compensation. If your husband feels that he has been misclassified as an independent contractor, I recommend that he contact an attorney about this. Hawks Quindel has handled multiple class action suits involving the miscassification of satellite installers.

    Selected as best answer

  2. Can i sue my employeer if they dont pay me my vacation pay?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. David Carlton Zoeller
    2. Tajara Dommershausen
    2 lawyer answers

    Whether or not your employer is required to make payment for the unused vacation time will depend on what is said in the handbook. Some policies are "use it or lose it" and do not require an annual pay out, others offer a cash incentive for not using the vacation days. If it is clear that a pay out should be made and your employer refuses to pay, you can recover the pay through the Department of Workforce Development (DWD) or by filing a lawsuit in state court.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Unpaid wages

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Tajara Dommershausen
    2. Randy T. Enochs
    3. David Carlton Zoeller
    4. Karen Elizabeth Eichman
    4 lawyer answers

    You have two options at this point. You could file a wage claim with the Department of Workforce Development (DWD) or you could file a private action. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. If you file with DWD, you will not need an attorney. However, DWD does not have the power to enforce a judgement against your former employer. In other words, they may tell the employer it has to pay but you still may have to go to court to get your money. If you choose to file the case in court,...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  4. Increases of wages

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Michael Miner
    2. Marilynn Mika Spencer
    3. David Carlton Zoeller
    3 lawyer answers

    There is no Wisconsin law requirement to increase your wages. Of course, you must be paid at least the minimum wage for all hours you work and most employees must also be paid time and a half for the hours they work over 40 a week. If you feel that others around you have received raises but you have not because of your race, religion, or gender, you may have an actionable claim. Otherwise, if the company simply is not giving raises because they cannot afford to do so, they likely cannot be...

  5. Owed 10k in employee wages by licensed contractor. what recourse?

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. David Carlton Zoeller
    1 lawyer answer

    Your recourse will depend on whether you were working for the individual as an employee or as an independent contractor. If you were an employee for purposes of Nevada law, there is likely a state law cause of action to recover unpaid wages. You should consult an attorney licensed in Nevada about this. Additionally, you have a right to be paid at least the federal minimum wage for all of the hours that you worked pursuant to the Fair Labor Standards Act. However, if you were an independent...