Ronald Lee Burdge’s Answers

Ronald Lee Burdge

Dayton Lemon Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 20
  1. Once you sign papers with a car dealer ship (contract states no cooling off period) can they try and take the vehical back?

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Ronald Lee Burdge
    1 lawyer answer

    In most states the dealer probably would not be able to demand return of the car. It may be hard to believe, but it is true that car dealers will sometimes deliver a new or used car to you and have no idea of whether or not your loan is really approved or not. They do it because they know that if they can put you in their car, and take you out of your’s, then they take you out of the shopping market and that keeps you from buying somewhere else. They only worry about setting up the financing...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

    20 people marked this answer as helpful

  2. "Shadow attorney" built strategy and advised me (without contract) until case was ruined by his advice. Is he liable ?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Ronald Lee Burdge
    2. Michael Charles Doland
    3. Frank Wei-Hong Chen
    4. Robert John Murillo
    4 lawyer answers

    If you haven't lost the case yet then I suggest you first concentrate on winning the case. I suggest you stop talking to shadows and friends and others and get your own lawyer who you can trust. People sometimes turn to lawyer friends for advice and the lawyer feels morally obligated by their friendship to help when oftentimes they both would be better off if the client's lawyer were not a friend at all. There is value to the client of having the certainty of the independence of a completely...

    Selected as best answer

  3. Spouse died due to auto accident 3 months ago. my brother is a legal assistant filed estate in my name and filed a lawsuit.

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. Daniel J. Melican
    2. Ronald Lee Burdge
    3. Timothy J. Klisz
    4. Natasha Rani Lum
    5. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    6. ···
    13 lawyer answers

    A deposition can occur in a lawsuit when one side of a case requires the person on the other side of the case to sit down and answer their questions under oath. The person asking the questions is usually the attorney representing someone in the case. The person answering the questions is often called the deponent and they can be forced to appear and answer questions or the court can make them lose the case. A court reporter is present during the questioning; they are not an employee of the...

    11 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. Can anyone look up case law?

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Ronald Lee Burdge
    2. Paula Brown Sinclair
    3. Michael Charles Doland
    4. Brian Curtis Pascale
    4 lawyer answers

    Yes, it is possible to look up case law on the internet or you can go to the Univ of Dayton Law Library and you may be able to get some help there or at the Law Library downtown in the Common Pleas Courthouse building. A good place to start online is some of the web sites that are mentioned in the online article linked below. In Dayton, if you need legal help and are a low-income resident and have no substantial earned income of any type or if you are on Social Security but need legal help ,...

    Selected as best answer

  5. 2001 Ford Truck caught on fire due to recall on this vehicle while parked in the driveway over night. (engine was off)

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Ronald Lee Burdge
    2. Scott Richard Kaufman
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    3 lawyer answers

    14 Million of those Fords were recalled for that very reason, covering 1999 to 2009 model years. But obviously not every one of them got fixed, see You may be able to use your local small claims court but you could be better off by talking to a lemon lawyer to find out for sure what your rights are and how much you can get and also how the small claims and regular court process differ. California has several consumer protection laws that can make the defendant...

    Selected as best answer

  6. I have been convicted to 8 month for tax fraud where the loos amount was set to $10,900

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Ronald Lee Burdge
    2. Steven Anderson Leahy
    3. Christopher Michael Larson
    3 lawyer answers

    The best place to start this discussion is with your current lawyer because they know all the details of what happened before now. If you are not satisfied with what you learn, then tell your current lawyer that you want to get a second opinion. That's not particularly unusual. Then you will need to talk to another local Criminal Law attorney who deals with this kind of case, criminal tax fraud. You can look for one here on Avvo under the Find a Lawyer tab. Or you can call your local attorney's...

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

    2 people marked this answer as helpful

  7. I am being sued for an unpaid credit card do I need to answer lawsuit in 3 days

    Answered over 5 years ago.

    1. Ronald Lee Burdge
    2. Gene D. Lipscher
    3. Margery Ellen Golant
    4 lawyer answers

    When a lawsuit is filed in Ohio, a legal document (called a Complaint) is served on the defendant (in your case, that's you) either by certified mail or by personal service. If the mail is ignored or refused, then it can be served by ordinary mail in most cases. In most cases, except Small Claims Court, the lawsuit is served with a letter (from the Clerk of the Court where the lawsuit was filed) that says you have to file a legal document (called an Answer) in court with the Clerk's office...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

    12 people marked this answer as helpful

  8. Should I take a pet store to small claims if they breached their contract?

    Answered 12 days ago.

    1. Ronald Lee Burdge
    2. Betty Jean Burley
    3. Michelle L. Radloff
    3 lawyer answers

    Most people don’t know about puppy lemon laws. Yes, there is a lemon puppy law in Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, but not in Ohio (it failed to pass in 2005). Basically, if a state has a puppy lemon law then the law protects you from being stuck with a sick puppy that you buy from a breeder or pet store. Without a lemon law,...

    Selected as best answer

  9. Do I have a right to return something if it has not be used even though the store has a no refund policy?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen
    2. Ronald Lee Burdge
    3. Michael T Millar
    4. Scott Richard Kaufman
    4 lawyer answers

    Frank knows your state law very well. However, maybe there is another way to tackle your problem. If they say/advertise that it has gold in the product but it doesn't then that lie may be fraud or a violation of your state's Udap law and maybe you can cancel the deal or recover damages that way. You would have to be able to prove that they say there is gold in the product and to prove that the representation is false though or you won't win your case. If you already got the product, then find a...

    Selected as best answer

  10. Doctor gave blood report without collecting samples. Should we sue for malpractice?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Jacob Adam Regar
    2. Ronald Lee Burdge
    3. Jeffrey David Bohn
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. Lars A. Lundeen
    5 lawyer answers

    While it is reasonable to be upset over this, it does not sound like you have any real injury or damages that are the result of it. To prove a medical malpractice case in most states you have to be able to prove that the medical practitioner owed you a duty (here to treat you within the acceptable medical standard of care), and "medical negligence" (meaning they deviated from the accepted standard of care), and you suffered some injury (you need to show some form of damages or entitlement to a...

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

Call now for a free consultation.