Jacob Robert Nemer’s Answers

Jacob Robert Nemer

Nashville Family Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 7
  1. What do I do if i'm not the beneficiary on my husband's life insurance policy?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Jacob Robert Nemer
    2. Pamela Koslyn
    2 lawyer answers

    Attorney Koslyn is correct in that you cannot retroactively change your husband's insurance policy beneficiary. Did your husband leave a will? If so, you will want to reference the will to see if he left you a share of his estate. Depending on your situation, there also the possibility that you could be entitled to a share of his estate under Tennessee law, regardless of the will. Your best bet would be to contact an attorney in Nashville and tell him/her all of the facts and...

    Selected as best answer

  2. Contempt of court in TN or not, if I deny a weekend visit with over a week notice due to surgery , shouldn't kids be with Mom?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Alan Daniel Hall
    2. Jacob Robert Nemer
    3. Christopher Daniel Leroi
    3 lawyer answers

    Simply put, you must follow the parenting plan order as written, regardless of the circumstances. If your children's father is scheduled to have parenting time during your surgery and you withhold the children from him, you are in contempt of court. That said, the court will not unilaterally pursue a contempt action against you. It will be up to your children's father to file a contempt petition, and if he does, it is very possible that you will be incarcerated for refusing to follow...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer