Skip to main content
Eli Adam Franks

Eli Franks’s Answers

2 total

  • Do I need a workman's comp attorney

    Roofer/ Sheet metal worker...partially herniated disk in neck. Sought medical treatment through company health insurance. Surgery recommended. I have not worked since the end of April. No claim as of yet. Is it too late? Still on the books at wor...

    Eli’s Answer

    You generally have two years from your date of accident to file a claim. However, you must also give timely notice of your injury to your employer. You definitely need the assistance of a workers' compensation attorney to guide you through the process. We would be happy to discuss your case with you.

    See question 
  • I was injued on my job 3/11. sent to job medical for physical therapy, t return to work same day, cntinud wth therapy a year.

    was terminated 2 mths after injury, job continued to pay fo therapy and meds. collected no monies from compensation. still dealing with injury. 3 attorneys have denied my case, saying that I continuede to work. Doctor continued to release me to wo...

    Eli’s Answer

    The first question we need to discuss is, are you still in pain or has your injury resolved? If your injury has resolved and you are feeling all better, than there is not much to your case. In a workers’ compensation case, the Employer/Insurance Company is required to pay for your treatment for an injury you sustain on the job. They are not required to pay you for pain and suffering as it relates to that injury. A doctor can release you to work and keep you in therapy at the same time, they are not mutually exclusive principles; however, if you are in too much pain to work, then the release by the doctor may have been premature. We would love to discuss your case with you further.

    See question