Lewis Lee Lockett’s Answers

Lewis Lee Lockett

Jacksonville DUI / DWI Attorney.

Contributor Level 12
  1. Adjudication withheld?

    Answered over 6 years ago.

    1. Walter Herbert Foster IV
    2. Darren Mark Finebloom
    3. Jonathan Burton Blecher
    4. Johnnie Harry Trevena
    5. Eric Joseph Dirga
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    It is confusing. But for misdemeanors, its a bit easier. For employment purposes (and for most purposes) if you receive a withhold of adjudication, you are not "convicted" of the crime. The word "Adjudication" connotes conviction, not a "withhold". You can also avoid this issue altogether by getting your record sealed.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

    8 people marked this answer as helpful

  2. I have a warrant for my arrest due to unpaid court fine for misdemeanor dui from almost 2 years ago

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Stephen Andrew Mosca
    2. Lewis Lee Lockett
    3. Bram Louis Scharf
    4. Jeffrey David Boston
    5. Charles Elwood Soechting Jr.
    5 lawyer answers

    A motion should be filed directly with the judge who issued the warrant. That way the warrant may be set aside and your attorney (or you and your atttorney) can appear in front of the judge and hope to avoid jail. You should contact a local attorney here in town. www.lockettlaw.net.

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  3. HELLO I WAS wondering a friend is seeing if there is a statute limations on dui that are 20 years ago?he got one in fl help plz

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. David S Katz
    2. Craig A. Epifanio
    3. Lewis Lee Lockett
    4. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.
    4 lawyer answers

    It's possible to use the Texas DUI to enhance the current Florida DUI, but there's a lot that goes into that analysis. Typically the State will not file the DUI as a felony on old, out of state DUI's, but that must be looked into. Call an experienced DUI attorney here in Jacksonville. www.firstcoastdui.com

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. First arrest and it is a DUI. I am terrified

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Bryce Aric Fetter
    2. Robert Jason De Groot
    3. James O Davis Jr.
    4. Lewis Lee Lockett
    5. Stephen Andrew Mosca
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    A multitude of issues exist now that will require you to act sooner rather than later. Your driver's license hearing must be set up within ten days of your arrest. This formal review hearing is an opportunity for your lawyer to challenge the administrative suspension of your DL and get you a hardship permit if eligible. Then, the criminal case prosecution will need to be dealt with as well. Often times your appearance can be waived thoughhout the pre trial process. Avoiding a DUI criminal...

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. How Do I Request A Conflict Attorney For A Criminal Case?

    Answered about 4 years ago.

    1. Lewis Lee Lockett
    2. Stephen Andrew Mosca
    3. John Patrick Guidry II
    3 lawyer answers

    The Regional Conflict Counsel's office has been set up to act as a second-tiered "public defender's office". It is designed for persons in your situation who have direct conflict with the local PD. After that, private lawyers are available to handle any conflicts with the RCC. Be aware of time constraints though and contact the PD for information immediately. Local PD can be reached at 904.630.1572.

    Selected as best answer

  6. What are some possible punishments that a person can face being charged with resisting arrest

    Answered almost 6 years ago.

    1. Alec Scott Rose
    2. Lewis Lee Lockett
    3. Theodore Perlick Molinari
    3 lawyer answers

    If you were "charged" with resisting, then you were "arrested". Many people associate the term "arrested" with going to jail. This isn't always the case. If you were detained for a criminal investigation and subsequently charged with a criminal offense, many times that is considered arrested. In lieu of going to jail, you receive a "Notice Of Appearance" requiring you to appear in court. It will go down on your criminal record unless you later have the incident sealed. Of course the issue...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

    4 people marked this answer as helpful

  7. While still having a very large problem with the State being able to change someones...

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Lewis Lee Lockett
    2. Laura Gapske
    3. Anthony Rubino
    4. Michelle Kalil Taylor
    4 lawyer answers

    This will provide any good defense attorney with great fodder for cross examination of the officer if there are any evidentiary hearings or a trial. A switch to a completely different statute is, albeit not unheard of, not the norm in my opinion. For example, a child abuse charge is separate from the statute involving child neglect so a switch from to the other isn't that unusual. However, being initially charged with child abuse and then later charged with a burglary instead should never...

    Selected as best answer

  8. If I was arrested for DUI in Florida with an out of state DL and have 3 other old convictions. Do I still face FL Felony Law?

    Answered almost 5 years ago.

    1. Craig A. Epifanio
    2. Stephen Andrew Mosca
    3. Lloyd Harris Golburgh
    4. Lewis Lee Lockett
    4 lawyer answers

    Yes. You are facing a possible felony filing, however there is a chance that the state could opt to file it as a misdemeanor. We have succesfully negotiatated with the state in prior cases here in Jacksonville to avoid felony filings. It is of course up to the individual state attorney handling your case. But keep in mind, even if they do file it as a felony, it is not over. The state still must bring forth a "provable" case and get over many hurdles in order to secure a conviction.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. Pretending to be a lawyer

    Answered about 6 years ago.

    1. Lewis Lee Lockett
    2. Richard Adam Sachs
    3. Douglas Ian Leifert
    4. Jonathan Burton Blecher
    5. Alec Scott Rose
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Yes, the unlicensed practice of law is a felony in many states. However, there would be a grey area there for simply holding yourself out as being an attorney without actually engaging in the practice of law. However, to err on the side of caution, it is not a good idea to impersonate an attorney if you are not one.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

    2 people marked this answer as helpful

  10. I need a law attorney

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. James Kevin Hayslett
    2. John Skyler Riordan
    3. Tracey Lyn Sticco
    4. Robert Jason De Groot
    5. Lewis Lee Lockett
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    Bond motions can be filed within a day or so where the attorney can request a release on her own recognizance if the circumstances permit. Call a local attorney here in Jacksonville.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer