Susan Jan Sadow’s Answers

Susan Jan Sadow

Atlanta Workers' Compensation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 4
  1. If I am injured on the job can I sue for personal injury as well as worker's compensation?

    Answered 5 months ago.

    1. W. Zachary Hendon Jr.
    2. Susan Jan Sadow
    3. Vernon L. Chambless
    4. Gilbert Earl Fisher
    5. Michael Henry Friedman
    6. ···
    13 lawyer answers

    In order to have a personal injury case as well as a workers' compensation case a "third party" other than your employer has to be responsible for your injuries. If you were not hurt as the result of the negligence of a "third party", you still may be entitled to receive Long Term Disability benefits if you had this coverage through your job. In addition, if your injuries will prevent you from ever returning to work, you may need to consider applying for Social Security Disability benefits....

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Can workers comp hire someone to follow me around in Georgia?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Tracy Williams Middlebrooks III
    2. Charles C. Hamilton
    3. Susan Jan Sadow
    4. A James Rockefeller
    5. W. Zachary Hendon Jr.
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    Yes, it is certainly possible that the insurance carrier has hired a private investigator to perform surveillance on you. This is typically done before a surgery takes place or when the case is getting older or when a settlement is about to be negotiated. The insurer is trying to see if you are working or if you are engaging in any activities outside of the home that exceed the restrictions given to you by your authorized treating physicians. They are hoping to find a reason to deny your...

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Workers comp question,why is my previous employer calling me asking if im interested in a job oportunity?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Charles C. Hamilton
    2. Susan Jan Sadow
    3. Tracy Williams Middlebrooks III
    4. Harold W. Whiteman Jr.
    5. George Chadwell Creal Jr.
    5 lawyer answers

    I am sorry to hear about your injury. A 3 level cervical fusion is a major operation and you will have permanent restrictions and a considerable impairment rating even after you recover from your surgery. This will ultimately make your case quite valuable. If I represented you, I would make every effort to get your surgery approved as quickly as possible. Then your weekly benefits would begin. In the meantime, if your former employer is offering work within your treating phsyician's...

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. What happens to my retirement pension if I get an attorney and settle my WC case, do I still get my pension, inc, an settlement?

    Answered 5 months ago.

    1. Christopher Jason Perkins
    2. Susan Jan Sadow
    3. Gilbert Earl Fisher
    4. Stephen Alan Shea
    5. Vernon L. Chambless
    5 lawyer answers

    Your workers' compensation claim is a separate and distinct claim from any vested pension or retirement benefits that you may have with your company. I strongly recommend that you consult with a workers' compensation lawyer who has expertise in making sure that your workers' compensation settlement is maximized and that you still receive the retirement benefits that you have built up through years of service to your employer.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. What could I expect to receive high end for settlement?

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Charles C. Hamilton
    2. Michael Henry Friedman
    3. Nathan Edward Woody
    4. W. Zachary Hendon Jr.
    5. Michael Richard Moebes
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    As several other lawyers have already indicated, the value of each workers' compensation case is unique. Factors that affect your case value are your age, educational background, how liberal or conservative your doctor is, your weekly compensation rate and your work history. If you are not able to return to your pre-injury job and if you have significant physical restrictions, your case value will be higher than if you can return to work in your previous occupation. Your concerns are important...

  6. Can my employer can me from salary to hourly pay?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Susan Jan Sadow
    2. W. Zachary Hendon Jr.
    2 lawyer answers

    Your employer can change you from a salaried position to hourly pay. However, if you are now working on light duty because your doctor has assigned work restrictions, if you are experiencing a wage loss, the employer/insurer are required to pay you temporary partial disability benefits for 2/3 of the difference between your wage at the time of injury and your new wage. The TPD benefits are payable for up to 350 weeks from your accident date.