James Edward Butler III’s Answers

James Edward Butler III

Atlanta Car / Auto Accident Lawyer.

Contributor Level 4
  1. Am being treated for concussion from car accident.Will ins company try to destroy my character in court, since inj is invisible?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Robert G. Rothstein
    2. Jason Todd Studinski
    3. James Edward Butler III
    4. Andrew Lawrence Weitz
    5. Katie Ann Brewington
    6. ···
    10 lawyer answers

    I recently resolved a case on behalf of a client with postconcussive syndrome following a car wreck, and you're right to suspect that the insurer will try to suggest that your injury is exaggerated. However, if multiple reputable doctors can (and WILL) back you up, and if you have friends and family that will confirm your symptoms, you should be able to weather that storm. In my opinion, the testimony from friends and family can be more persuasive to a jury than anything doctors or other "...

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Rear -ended in a car accident; hit at 50 MPH on the interstate as I was parked in a construction line.

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Francis M Smith
    2. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3. Stephen Clark Harkess
    4. Nicholas Allen Primrose
    5. James Edward Butler III
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    When someone else's negligent act impairs your ability to work and causes consistent pain--as has happened to you--there's nothing wrong with seeking a monetary recovery that will compensate you for what you've lost. You're not trying to get something for nothing; instead, you're being set back in the position that you would have occupied if the other person had never hit you. In other words, it isn't just "litigious" people who file lawsuits--it's innocent people who have been hurt through...

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. I was in a accident where the person ran a stop sign hitting me in the side and causein my truck to flip 2 times.

    Answered 9 months ago.

    1. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    2. John Michael Phillips
    3. Shoshana Kunin-Leavitt
    4. Henry David Bullard
    5. C. Donald Briggs III
    6. ···
    15 lawyer answers

    A fair settlement offer is one that compensates you for your injuries and pain. Whether you get that amount depends largely on what lawyer you hire. If you hire no lawyer, you're almost certain not to get a fair offer. Insurance companies settle only when it's in their best interest to do so. You need a lawyer who can make the insurance company want to settle. That means a lawyer who can take your case all the way to trial and win once you get there. If you want fair compensation, what...

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. There has been a recall on my 2012 chevy cruze brake assist and I was involved in an accident

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. John M O'Brien
    2. Jennifer H. Seate
    3. Michael K McKell
    4. James Edward Butler III
    5. Christian K. Lassen II
    5 lawyer answers

    If you have already paid the citation and admitted guilt, then unfortunately, there may be little that you can do about the points on your licence and payment of court costs. If the automobile was at fault, and the automobile caused damage to you or someone else, then you may have a product liability claim against the automaker. My firm handles many automotive product liability cases, and one crucially important fact that most people don't know is this: YOU NEED THE CAR AS EVIDENCE. So, IF...

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. Can I file a personnel injury claim after an auto accident while driving a company vehicle

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Walter Rivera
    2. Seth Clark Harmonson
    3. Francis M Smith
    4. James Edward Butler III
    5. C. Andrew Campbell
    6. ···
    11 lawyer answers

    The answer is "yes." Any injury to your body caused damage to YOU, so you are entitled to pursue that claim. Any damage to the car caused damage to your company's property, so the property damage claim likely belongs to the company. But the two claims are distinct: you can bring the former, and your company can bring the latter. If you were hurt in the wreck, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Next, if you want to seek a recovery, contact a qualified personal injury...

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer


    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Christian K. Lassen II
    2. Robert Shannon Carpenter
    3. Michael T Warshaw
    4. James Edward Butler III
    5. Gintare Grigaite
    5 lawyer answers

    What happened sounds like sudden unintended acceleration, or "SUA." It is unfortunately becoming a more common problem in today's computer-controlled cars. If someone was hurt, you may have a product liability suit against Honda. If that is the case, it's imperative that you consult with a lawyer with experience in auto products cases--there are only a few such lawyers in the state.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  7. My mom required 24/7 Oxygen. The tubing came out and the home care aid did not know get her on a portable tank and my mom died.

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Jonathan P. Sexton
    2. Noah Howard Pines
    3. John Michael Phillips
    4. Benjamin S Kuipers
    5. Jennifer Ann Kurle
    6. ···
    16 lawyer answers

    There is a strong possibility that the agency is liable. You could conceivably bring two claims: (1) a wrongful death claim, and (2) a claim on behalf of your mother's estate. Analyzing and filing the claims is complicated, however, so you should seek the advice of a lawyer with experience in the area.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. Can I apply the "Make Whole Doctrine" to a health insurance company for reimbursement of their lien?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Briny Adam Woods
    2. Richard Marc Katz
    3. Robert Max Klein
    4. Alan Ray Barnes
    5. Robert Bruce Kopelson
    6. ···
    13 lawyer answers

    This is question without a simple answer. It depends on lots of factors--including whether state or federal law applies, and what language your Plan includes. Many private health insurance plans are covered by a federal statute called ERISA, and if the plan language provides for it, ERISA-governed plans are often not subject to the made-whole doctrine. However, if the Plan does not expressly disclaim the made-whole doctrine, then it may apply as a matter of federal common law. Moreover, if...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. If I know who is impersonating me and sending out inappropriate pictures of me, what can I do about it?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. James Edward Butler III
    2. John Arnold Steakley
    2 lawyer answers

    First, contact the police. Your first priority should be to stop this misconduct. The police may help, or the fact that you called the police may make the wrongdoer stop. Second, if the police cannot help and the wrongdoer will not stop, you may be able to get help from a private lawyer. An injunction against the wrongdoer may be available in Superior Court. That would give you a Court order directing the perpetrator to stop. Third, if your believe that damage has been done to your...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  10. Please recommend a criminal lawyer in the newnan,ga area

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Benjamin David Goldberg
    2. Roger C. Wilson
    3. Jason W. Swindle
    4. James Edward Butler III
    4 lawyer answers

    I heartily recommend Steve Frey. When I was a prosecutor, I tried cases against him and he was very good. Email him at stevenfrey44@gmail.com or call his office at 770 471 0599.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer