Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.’s Answers

Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.

Marietta DUI / DWI Attorney.

Contributor Level 7
  1. Meth lab

    Answered over 6 years ago.

    1. Robert S. McKay
    2. Alexander Thomas Henderson
    3. Jose Agustin Barreiro
    4. Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.
    4 lawyer answers

    I think the short answer is NO. Merely having knowledge of a crime but not reporting it would not, in and of itself, make an individual guilty of a crime. If, however, the meth lab poses an immediate danger to children living in the house, or close by, there may be some potential exposure to criminal prosecution for failing to notify the police. It would still be a difficult case for a prosecutor to prove.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. 4TH dui

    Answered about 4 years ago.

    1. Elmer H. Young III
    2. Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.
    3. Matthew Wayne Kilgo
    4. Ayuban Antonio Tomas
    5. Wayne Rodgers Foote
    5 lawyer answers

    It will be treated like a first DUI as far as statutory minimum mandatory sentencing goes. You will, however, be looking at more than the legal minimums since you have so many prior offenses. I would expect the State will be asking for jail time so hire an attorney. He/she can help negotiate the case and/or look for possible defenses. Good luck.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  3. I received a Speeding ticket for going 95 in a 55. The ticket doesn't have a method used to track my speed, will it be dismissed

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.
    1 lawyer answer

    I think it is higly unlikely to get your ticket dismissed merely because the officer failed to check a box on the citaiton. If there was a serial number with a calibration check written on the citation, the officer probably used radar to clock you. He is allowed to come into court and testify that he used radar and reference the serial number on the radar unit he used. Keep in mind that in Georgia, an officer can testify about a "visual estimation of speed" if he is properly trained in speed...

    2 people marked this answer as helpful

  4. I am a 1L at Mercer Law School. I got a DUI on the last day of classes. This is my first offense.

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.
    2. Jason Charles Matey
    3. George Frederick Frank
    3 lawyer answers

    I don't think it will end up being a huge deal since it is a first time offense. I know many attorneys and even a few judges who have received DUIs. The bigger issue is what you do to make sure it doesn't happen again. I would get an alcohol and drug evaluation right away (you will probably need this for the DUI case any way) and closely follow any recommended treatment plan. As long as you show that you are taking it seriously, you won't have a problem. Good luck.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  5. Can I get an early termination of my probation?

    Answered about 4 years ago.

    1. Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.
    2. Lee William Fitzpatrick
    2 lawyer answers

    You can ask the Judge to terminate your probation early at any time while your probation is pending. Most Judges, however, will want you to have served a significant amount of time on probation before they will consider terminating it...they want you to show them you can stay out of trouble. I typically recommend to my clients that they serve at least half of the probation period before asking to have the balance terminated but there are no hard and fast rules on's really up to the...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  6. 2nd DUI consequences

    Answered over 6 years ago.

    1. Craig Andrew Cahoon
    2. Nathan L Webb
    3. Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.
    4. William C. Head
    4 lawyer answers

    In Georgia you would be looking at a minimum of 72 hours in jail followed by a period of probation. While on probation, you would be required to complete 240 hours of community service, attend DUI School (Level II), get an alcohol evaluation and follow any suggested treatment program, surrender your license plate and surrender your license. This would be a "hard" license suspension for 12 months followed by 6 months with a limited permit with an ignition interlock device installed on your car.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  7. Did not complete a pre trial drug evaluation test.

    Answered 6 months ago.

    1. Daniel Ellis Rice
    2. Ian Zimmerman
    3. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.
    4. Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.
    4 lawyer answers

    The decision as to weather to give someone "first offender" or "conditional discharge" status is entirely up to the judge. The judge can decide to agree with the prosecutor and not allow it but the court can overrule the prosecutor.

  8. Can i plea nolo to misdamena mariquanna charge

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Noah Howard Pines
    2. Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.
    3. Lisa Michelle Harris
    4. Brett Ladd
    4 lawyer answers

    You can plead NOLO under certain circumstances. You should talk to a lawyer first because you may be able to get the charges dismissed by entering a diversion program.

  9. I have a first offense dui. I cant afford to pay my fines. Will i have to do any jail time

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Robert Rogers Giannini
    2. Elmer H. Young III
    3. Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.
    3 lawyer answers

    In addition to the good advice in the other answers posted here, you may request that you be allowed to do additional community service in lieu of paying the fines. I have seen many judges convert fines to community service. I the mean time, try to make some sort of payment, even if it is just a nominal amount. The court will appreciate that you are making a effort.

  10. I had a dui in GA 30 years ago, would it still be on file with the state or federal goverment.

    Answered about 4 years ago.

    1. Justin Spizman
    2. Robert Frank Schnatmeier Jr.
    3. Elmer H. Young III
    4. Ted Harvatin
    5 lawyer answers

    Maybe, maybe not. The best thing to do is request a copy of your driving history from the Georgia Dept. of Driver's Services AND a copy of your criminal history from your local law enforcement office. This will tell you what shows up. Note that you should get both a driving history AND a criminal history report on yourself. I have seen DUI arrests show up on one but hot the other.