If the lawyer who committed malpractice was practicing in Florida and and you are complaining about how he handled briefs filed in Florida, you probably would be best served by a Florida lawyer, as a Florida lawyer will be most familiarw the rules and case law for briefs filed in Florida. The subject of your question also has the heading medical malpractice, but the subject is legal malpractice. Good luck.