Gintare Grigaite’s Answers

Gintare Grigaite

Bayonne Immigration Attorney.

Contributor Level 18
  1. I was born in Mexico, but I was brought here when I was just born. How do I can legal status?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Carl Michael Shusterman
    2. Kyndra L. Mulder
    3. Gintare Grigaite
    4. Namita Agarwal
    5. Becky Pham Tran
    5 lawyer answers

    It appears that you are eligible for deferred action status under the new immigration policy. You will be able to obtain deferred action status for two years as well as work authorization. Consult an immigration attorney on this.

    15 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. Flipped Jeep March 2012 had car insurance and the lady is now sueing him for "medical" bills? how is this possible?

    Answered 6 months ago.

    1. Burton A. Padove
    2. Michael David Myers
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. C. Donald Briggs III
    5. Gintare Grigaite
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    His insurance company will be defending any actions against him.

    14 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. How to trust a lawyer via the internet?Is It safe to apply for o1 visa via online lawyer?how to make sure ?which type of payment

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Gintare Grigaite
    2. Amira Al-Alami
    3. Daniel E. Green
    4. Rebekah Bell Rodriguez
    5. Robert West
    5 lawyer answers

    I would not recommend it. At least call and speak with the attorney about the process.

    12 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. NJ PATH train fare evasion, court apperance question - any influence on foreign student VISA status?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Gintare Grigaite
    2. Eric M. Mark
    3. Elizabeth Clare Surin
    4. Karen-Lee Pollak
    5. Robert West
    5 lawyer answers

    Since this is considered a violation, not a misdemeanor or a felony, this will not affect your status, but make sure you settle the matter and retain final disposition documents for future use if needed, for example, if you will seek lawful permanent residence in the U.S. in the future.

    Selected as best answer

  5. Can I as an LPR file for my mother?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Gintare Grigaite
    2. Isaul Verdin
    3. J Charles Ferrari
    4. Inara Khashmati
    4 lawyer answers

    No, you have to obtain your citizenship first before you can apply for her.

    11 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. My sister is a US citizen over 21 she wants to petition for my parents. Do they need to stay in the US while they get their...

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Gintare Grigaite
    2. Karen-Lee Pollak
    3. Thomas Esparza Jr.
    4. Neil Ian Fleischer
    5. Nicklaus James Misiti
    5 lawyer answers

    It is better to do adjustment of status from within the United States, as it is easier to communicate with the appropriate field office, as opposed to consular office. Also, while their adjustment of status is pending, it is better that they remain in the US, since visitor's visa has a required "intent" of returning to their home country after a temporary stay in the US, but if your parents are being petitioned for a green card, their intent is to remain in the US. Consult with experienced...

    Selected as best answer

  7. New immigration law

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Giacomo Jacques Behar
    2. Gintare Grigaite
    3. Alexander Joseph Segal
    4. J Charles Ferrari
    5. Stephen D. Berman
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    No final law yet, so no specific eligibility criteria is available. Many more changes can happen, including the residence requirement.

    12 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. How many years tax return file wants uscis for citizenship test?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Gintare Grigaite
    2. Irene Vaisman
    3. Giacomo Jacques Behar
    4. Stephen D. Berman
    5. F. J. Capriotti III
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    The last 3 years. You need to call IRS and request the transcript. Here is the information: IRS Order Transcript 1-800-829-1040 (Form IRS 1722)

    10 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. Duration of stay outside the country after getting a green card?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Gintare Grigaite
    2. Kevin Lawrence Dixler
    3. F. J. Capriotti III
    3 lawyer answers

    If you are a US citizen, and assuming you are 21 or older, you may petition for your parents, and they will be obtaining a permanent, 10-year green card, as immediate family members. After they receive a green card, they have to start making US their permanent home. Absences of 6 months or more will raise questions, and may subject them to questioning as to their intent to immigrate to the US. So be cautious about that, and always remember, it is all about their "intent." They have to prove to...

    Selected as best answer

  10. What do I file? A "EOIR-29" or a "I-290B"?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Gintare Grigaite
    2. F. J. Capriotti III
    3. Robert West
    4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko
    5. Dhenu Mitesh Savla
    5 lawyer answers

    Usually you can do both, but as to whether to do motion to reopen/reconsider or an appeal, you need to discuss with an immigration attorney.

    Selected as best answer