Philip W. Mason’s Guides

Philip W. Mason

Haverhill Divorce / Separation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 18
  1. Grandparents Visitation Rights in Massachusetts

    Written by attorney Philip Mason, about 3 years ago.

    Under Massachusetts law MGL 119 39D grandparents can request the Probate Court to order visitations with their minor grandchildren if the parents do not live together and 1) are divorced, married but living apart or under a temporary order of judgment of separate support; or 2) ...

    5 people found this Legal Guide helpful

  2. Massachusetts: Custody of Children to Unwed Parents

    Written by attorney Philip Mason, over 3 years ago.

    In Massachusetts the custody of a child of unwed parents comes under MGL 209C and is usually determined through a Complaint for Custody, Visitation and Support. If the father's paternity hasn't been established, either through formal acknowledgement, birth certificate, or paterni...

    3 people found this Legal Guide helpful