Skip to main content
George Charles Samiotes

George Samiotes’s Answers

32 total

  • I've tried cashing a paycheck several times and the bank said there are insufficient funds.

    I asked the bank if I could file a complaint, but they said there is nothing they can do. Can they bank take any action against the check writer? What are my other options?

    George’s Answer

    One option is to sue your employer for breach of contract. In the alternative you can likely sue for what's called "quantum meruit" / Unjust enrichment. Depending on how much money you are owed you may be able to sue in the Small claims session of the District Court. Before you sue, however, it may be a good idea to have an attorney draft a 30 day demand letter, which may be able to resolve the issue before having to file suit. If you do decide to pursue this option I recommend having an attorney draft the paperwork for you.

    See question 
  • Can you help me with writing a 30 day Demand Letter?

    I am sending a 30 day Demand Letter to a car dealership in MA. To whom should I address the letter and the envelope? i will be sending this certified mail. The dealership is licensed under the name Hometown Auto Framingham Inc. dba North Shore...

    George’s Answer

    It is possible that you could have the wrong address. However, if the mail was not returned to sender it's also possible that they got your letter and are choosing not to respond to it. It is always a good idea to consult with an attorney who can draft the letter for you outlining the strength of your legal position.

    See question