Richard C. Bennett cofounded Bennett & Johnson, LLP in 1975. He received his legal education from the University of San Francisco, where he earned his Juris Doctorate, and holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Berkeley. Rick was admitted to the California State Bar in 1974, and has since built a very successful personal injury practice.
If two things can be said about Rick, it is that he treats his clients as if they were his own family members, and that he is at the same time thorough, tenacious, and tough. He is defined by his compassion, respect, and high professional and ethical standards, which are critical to effective legal representation.
Since launching the firm, Rick has successfully arbitrated, tried to verdict, and settled countless cases on behalf of his clients amounting to more than half a million dollars. He rises to the challenge when clients come to him with seemingly impossible cases, including those rejected by other firms for being too expensive or difficult to prosecute. His knowledge, skill, and experience have allowed him to secure some of the highest personal injury awards for cases in Solano, Orange, Kern, Fresno, Santa Barbara, Napa, Alameda, San Francisco, and Los Angeles Counties.
In addition to his accomplishments in his legal career, Rick is also a popular instructor and lecturer in areas of legal education including discovery, professional civility, mediation, trial tactics, traumatic brain injury litigation, and products liability.
- Member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- Fellow of the prestigious American College of Trial Attorneys
- Elected as a Northern California Super Lawyer®
- Member of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of Consumer Attorneys of California
- Member of the Alameda/Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Association for Justice
- Member of the National Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group
- Certified as a personal injury, medical malpractice, and products liability “expert” by ATLA now AAJ
- Member of the Brain Injury Association of America
- Recognized by Martindale Hubble and peer reviewed as AV preeminent in both legal ability and ethical standards
- Co-Founder of Alameda County Pro Bono and Voluntary Legal Services