Not yet reviewed
ABOUT LAW OFFICE
We have established our legal practice (federal and State of California) since 1989. Our goal is to provide responsible and professional legal services to our clients.
To be responsible:
· Unless directed by the attorney, our assistants are prohibited from answering legal questions or giving legal advice to potential and existing clients.
· The attorney promptly responds to client’s inquiries and updates clients the status of their case.
· The attorney interviews clients and witnesses to gather facts and evidence. The attorney drafts legal pleadings and makes court appearances.
· While we cannot predict or guarantee the outcome of our client’s case, the attorney is committed to offering truthful and honest opinion, instead of making empty promises or unrealistic forecasts.
· We do not offer free consultation because our time is limited and we have to serve our clients who are our number 1 priority. However, we do offer initial consultation at an affordable and discounted rate.
To be professional:
· We acknowledge that we are not and cannot be experts in all areas of legal practice. We focus our time and efforts in the few areas that we can fully utilize our legal expertise and experience.
· Our major practice areas include: family law, immigration law and business law.
· To save attorney fees and costs, we encourage and assist clients to settle the case if possible. If contested, we will fight for the best interest of our clients.
· We understand that in some critical cases, immigration problems can be a life-and-death issue to clients. We will explore all possible means and evidence to win the case for our clients.
· In family law matters, emotions often play a big part. No party is happy in a divorce case. The key is to minimize the harm done to our clients and their children. Being a professional, the attorney will remain rational, objective and truthfully advise our clients what can be done and what cannot.
My legal practice over the years has provided good training for me to work with clients, opposing parties, judges and government officials in a professional fashion. Through tremendous exposure to the law and cases, I have developed stronger skills.
My corporate/project finance experience with the leading New York firm is helpful in my understanding of the large corporate transactions, deal-making and the international law firm practice. My subsequent private practice experience empowers me the capability and strength in handling various types of legal matters.
I graduated from a great law school with GPA above 3.5. I am both American and Chinese. My education and work methodology are western; my cultural roots are Chinese. My native language is Cantonese, but my Mandarin is just as fluent as my English. The bicultural background and trilingual skills enable me to comprehend and handle the issues from both western and Chinese perspectives. My qualification to practice as solicitor in Hong Kong is an additional bonus. In 1997, I was among the first batch of foreign lawyers to pass the exam for admission as solicitor in Hong Kong.
Admitted to practice as solicitor inHong Kong
Admitted to Practice in the State of California
Graduate of Michigan Law School, J.D. (cum laude) Degree
Graduate of Universityof Hong Kong, B.A. Degree
Fluent in spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin). Able to understandShanghaidialect.
Languages spoken: Mandarin, Cantonese, English
Hourly ($360/hour), Fixed (sometimes), Retainer (always)
Endorsements from fellow lawyers are an important consideration for many when selecting the right attorney. Be the first to endorse your colleague!
Are you an attorney? Endorse this lawyer
|Partner||Chan & Wong attorneys At Law||1989 - Present|
|University of Michigan Law School||Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1989|