Call now to speak with an experienced business and litigation attorney 630-672-5295
Charles V. Muscarello is the principal of Muscarello Law, LLC, a transactional and litigation law firm that largely concentrates it practice on representing privately held and growing companies, including the owners of such companies. Often, Mr. Muscarello acts as an outside general counsel and trusted strategic adviser to businesses ranging from closely held family businesses or start-ups, to governmental entities, to multi-national conglomerates. Mr. Muscarello is not only an attorney, but also as a certified public accountant.
In 2017, Mr. Muscarello formed Muscarello Law, LLC. Previously, Mr. Muscarello was the co-founded and a partner in Denker & Muscarello, LLC which peformed the same services legal services as he does now.
From 2001 through 2003, Mr. Muscarello worked at Bochte, Kuzniar & Marrese, P.C. where he similarly focused on corporate transactional matters, civil litigation and governmental representation. When the time was right, Mr. Muscarello joined with Mr. Denker and they formed Denker & Muscarello, LLC.
From 1999 through 2001, Mr. Muscarello rejoined on a full-time basis a venture capital funded company that Mr. Muscarello had worked on prior to his completion of law school. Commerx, Inc. was a forerunner to today’s cloud-based architecture, then operating a business-to-business internet portal ("B2B") that sought to electronically integrate the procurement, auction, and supply chain management functions of buyers and sellers of industrial raw materials, indirect materials, and services. Commerx's flagship portal, PlasticsNet.com, was recognized as the first of its kind by the Smithsonian Institute in 2000. While at Commerx, Mr. Muscarello operated as Corporate Counsel where he was responsible for creating and negotiating strategic partnerships with leading software and technology partners, creating strategic partnerships with industry specialists, and contributed to prospectuses used for raising investment funds. However, Commerx unfortunately met the same fate as most of the other internet start-ups in that era.
Mr. Muscarello started his legal career at Drendel, Tatnall, Hoffmann & McCracken, P.C. where he concentrated in civil litigation, corporate transactional and governmental matters from 1995 through 1999. During this time, Mr. Muscarello, also obtained his Certified Public Accountant certificate (1997), and at various times served as a Director and Vice-President of the Batavia Community Chest/United Way, was a Director of the Fox Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross, and served as the Pro Bono Counsel of the Batavia Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Muscarello attended the Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, Missouri, where he received his Juris Doctor in 1995. In his final semester of law school, Mr. Muscarello interned in the United States Senate in Washington, D.C. during what most consider the most active legislative tenure in American history (the first hundred days of the Contract for America in the 104th Congress). As a legal intern for the Governmental Affairs Committee, Mr. Muscarello worked with the Senators to draft proposed Constitutional amendments and legislation, as well as participated in subcommittee hearings on governmental powers, authority, and abuse matters. Working in such a dynamic and partisan environment taught Mr. Muscarello many experiences in both social interaction and consensus building. In 1992, Mr. Muscarello graduated from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where he received his Bachelor of Science and majored in accounting.
Mr. Muscarello is admitted to practice law before the Illinois State Courts (1995), the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (1995), the Trial Bar, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2006), and the U.S. Court of Appeals for Seventh Circuit (2007).
• Advising numerous closely-held and start-up business in corporate governance, ownership rights and general business matters, including acting as outside general counsel for numerous entities.
• Representation of leading technology companies in contract negotiations, mergers & acquisitions, strategic partnerships, joint ventures and the acquisition and procurement of intellectual property.
• Drafting of successful private placement memorandum, limited partnership agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, subscription agreements, management agreements, and all necessary regulatory filings for private equity funds, venture capital funds, and portfolio companies.
• Preparation of various prospectuses used for acquisition of investment capital into both portfolio companies seeking venture capital/private equity funds and venture capital/private equity funds seeking to invest into portfolio companies.
• Participation in the drafting of a S-1 registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange.
• Representation of both commercial lenders and corporate borrowers with respect to equity, debt, mezzanine and secured asset financing.
• Representation of buyers and sellers of commercial, agricultural and personal real estate, including §1031 tax-free exchanges.
• Successful representation of corporate entities, individuals, and governmental authorities in litigation and arbitration at trial and in appeals, both in state and federal court.
• Successful representation of corporate entities and individuals in litigations involving breaches of contracts, ownership disputes, removal of owners & officers of various types of entities, both for cause and other reasons, as well as other similar matters.
• Litigation of an arbitration occurring over more than 90 days involving substantial breach of contract, fraud and lien claims in with hearings.
• Representation of a number of governmental entities as outside general counsel.
• Representation of governmental entities in the acquisition of infrastructure loans backed by bond offerings.
• Representation of governmental entities negotiating development deals involving over 1,000 development units.
• Successfully challenge the constitutionality of certain actions by governmental authorities.
• Successful representation of governmental authorities in disputes with other governmental authorities
• Successfully litigating numerous land use, takings, zoning, trespass, and nuisance disputes with large scale electricity generating wind turbine developments involving hundreds of land owners.
|IL||Active And Authorized To Practice Law||1995||12/20/2021|
|Award name||Grantor||Date Granted|
|Peer Review Rated||Martindale-Hubbell||2009|
|Principal||Muscarello Law, LLC||2017 - Present|
|Partner||Denker & Muscarello, LLC||2003 - 2016|
|Attorney||Bochte, Kuzniar & Marrese, P.C.||2001 - 2003|
|Corporate Counsel||Commerx, Inc.||1999 - 2001|
|Attorney||Drendel, Tatnall, Hoffmann & McCracken, P.C.||1995 - 1999|
|Washington University School of Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1995|
|Miami University of Ohio||BS - Bachelor of Science||1992|
Endorsements from fellow lawyers are an important consideration for many when selecting the right attorney. Be the first to endorse your colleague!
Cash, Check, Credit Card