Daniel Alexander Powell
Internet Attorney at Orange Village, OH
Internet Attorney at Orange Village, OH
4 years, 50 cases
Daniel is a seasoned litigator with a stellar track record of victories as both a trial attorney and an innovative online problem solver who has emerged as an established leader in the Internet Defamation field. Because he understands that each client and each issue is unique, Daniel takes great care and pride in developing and implementing an individually tailored plan of action for every one of his representative matters. His work is focused on achieving the one result for his clients which has defined Daniel’s legal career – success.
Daniel fully appreciates that his clients, both businesses and individuals, are no different than him in that they work tirelessly to earn and maintain a respectable reputation in their communities. When their good names fall prey to and are tarnished by unfair and damaging Internet publications and other online attacks, Daniel combines his specialized knowledge and advocacy skills with the firm’s unique insight and proven techniques to advocate on their behalf. His approach breaks free of antiquated legal processes and consistently provides a winning strategy for those faced with the new and complex legal issues and challenges created by the digital age.
Possessing a diverse background as a battle-tested litigator handling a wide variety of matters, Daniel focuses his practice exclusively on Internet-related cases. His professional resume includes representing clients in various state and federal courts at all levels of judicial proceedings, serving as lead counsel in jury trials, bench trials, arbitrations, mediations, administrative hearings and appellate proceedings. Daniel has proven success in obtaining proper and just compensation for his clients, such as his six- and seven-figure trial verdicts which have included extraordinary awards of punitive damages and attorney fees. He also has successfully argued for the issuance of temporary, preliminary and/or permanent injunctive relief for clients who require immediate remedy and/or whose damages could not be properly compensated solely through a monetary award.
As a member of the Minc Law team, Daniel is consistently successful removing news articles and various other web pages containing embarrassing, damaging and defamatory information about his clients, and causing the de-indexing of these web pages from Google and other Internet search engine search results. When necessary to pursue proper relief, he has ‘unmasked’ those individuals who have wrongfully assumed they could remain anonymous in carrying out their devious plans. Daniel has also negotiated non-disparagement agreements and other complex settlements, won court orders compelling the forensic examination of individual’s computers and extraction of the metadata contained on the hard drives, and provided various forms of legal counsel to businesses and high-profile individuals who have been subjected to or threatened with malicious online attacks.
Outside of work, Daniel enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, watching and attending sporting events with friends, working on home improvement and other hands-on projects, and engaging in a variety of outdoor activities. He is an active board member of the Eastside Kickers, a non-profit community-based youth travel soccer club, and contributes volunteer time in various ways to youth sports in the Greater Cleveland area.
• Ohio Supreme Court
• U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Greensboro College (B.A.)
• With Honors in History and Political Science
• Academic Dean’s List
• Athletic Director’s Honor Roll
• Academic All-Conference Selection
• Student-Athlete Mentor
Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D.)
• Moot Court Board of Governors
• National Scholar Award
• Outstanding Student Award
• Academic Dean’s List
• Peer Advisor
• Obtained a seven-figure judgment in favor of individual clients, including full compensatory damages, punitive damages, and attorney fees, against Fortune 1000 company defendant found liable for actual malice. Judgment awarded following a complex ten-day jury trial involving dozens of witnesses and thousands of pages of evidence.
• Attained a six-figure award of compensatory damages, punitive damages, and attorney fees for a non-profit organization against an individual CEO upon a finding of actual malice at the culmination of fiercely contested eight-day jury trial.
• Awarded a six-figure judgment at conclusion of vigorously argued five-day jury trial against defendant company and its president and in favor of individual client business owners who had been damaged both professionally and personally by the defendants’ tortious conduct.
• Monetary settlement, non-disparagement agreement, and letter of apology obtained as outcome in favor of a professional client in federal court case involving claims for online defamation, conspiracy and civil harassment.
• Obtained a not guilty verdict at end of lengthy, month-long criminal trial, resulting in complete acquittal of a high-profile client facing false criminal charges that had been the subject of significant media attention.
• Successfully argued for complete dismissal of felony charges filed against a high-profile client in a criminal matter that had been covered closely by the media.
• Obtained a high six-figure settlement in favor of an individual client who had suffered life altering injuries caused by the reckless conduct of defendant.
• Negotiated a high six-figure settlement in a federal court case involving allegations of false statements after successfully arguing in the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals for reversal of judgment dismissing claims brought on behalf of an individual client.
• Obtained an attorney fee award and judgment dismissing claims in favor of a public figure client in federal court case involving causes of actions for civil conspiracy, defamation, and various statutory violations, and successfully argued to have judgment affirmed and upheld at U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
• Compensatory damages award obtained at trial court level and upheld in the Ohio Supreme Court in favor of a public figure client who had been terminated from his position due to false allegations of professional misconduct. Successfully argued for the issuance of temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions in favor of various clients and against the City of Cleveland and its executive officers, thereby preserving clients’ rights to seven-figure damages for violation of constitutional and statutory duties.
• Obtained full reinstatement of employment and backpay awards in various matters for several individual clients who had been wrongfully terminated or suspended from their positions of employment.
• Through both court order and settlement, successfully removed over 100 false and/or fake business reviews, blogs postings, news articles, social media, and other various web pages from the Internet.
• Achieved the removal of negative online news articles from media publications of all kinds, including some of the largest print and online publications in the U.S.
• Successfully unmasked anonymous authors of fake reviews and other online publications through forensic server analysis, data tracking, reverse engineering, and other investigative tactics.
• Assisted various international clients with the removal of unwanted web pages hosted in the U.S.
• Effectively argued in favor of the constitutionality of a new state statute which had been challenged by various municipal corporations, including but not limited to the cities of Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton and Youngstown.
We have not found any instances of professional misconduct for this lawyer.
We have not found any cost information for this lawyerContact for Details