Over 25 years as a criminal defense lawyer with cases ranging from high profile cases to first-time misdemeanor and traffic cases. Her practice includes representation on both trails and appeals.
* Past President of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - an association of more than 1,000 lawyers practicing criminal defense law in Florida.
* Past President of the Polk County (FL) Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
* Former membership committee chair of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL).
* Previously served on the Florida Bar's Criminal Rules Procedures Committee.
* Has served as an adjunct professor and lecturer on legal subjects and criminal justice.
|FL||Member in Good Standing||1985||05/16/2022|
|Award name||Grantor||Date Granted|
|Peer Review Rated||Martindale-Hubbell||2019|
|Peer Review Rated||Martindale-Hubbell||2018|
|Lawyer||The Buerger Law Firm, P.A.||2000 - Present|
|Public Defender||Polk County Public Defenders Office||1988 - 1988|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Willson American Inn of Court||Board Member||2014 - Present|
|American Bar Association||Member||1986 - Present|
|Florida Bar||Member||1985 - Present|
|National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers||Membership Committee Chairperson||2000 - 2010|
|Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers||President||1998 - 1999|
|Polk County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers||President||1991 - 1992|
|Florida Bar, Criminal Procedure Rules Committee||Chairwoman||1985 - 2010|
|Stetson University College of Law||Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor||1985|
|Davis and Elkins College||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1971|
Cash, Check, Credit Card