Litigation attorney with primary focuses on stormwater, construction, business, and land use/zoning. Call for a consultation today! 407-972-1228
* Florida Super Lawyers: 2021 (top 5% of lawyers practicing in Florida).
* Florida Trend's Florida Legal Elite: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013 and 2012 (top 1% of lawyers practicing in Florida).
* 1 of only 2 attorneys (out of over 100,000 licensed to practice law in the State of Florida) double board certified by the Florida Bar in Business Litigation and City, County and Local Government Law, a recognized expert in these areas.
* Clerked at Florida Supreme Court for the Honorable Peggy Quince.
* Worked at an Am Law 100 firm in its commercial litigation and appellate departments.
* Appointed City Attorney for one of the top 15 largest cities - out of all 412 cities - in Florida for 7 years.
* During legal career, worked in private practice and in all stages of government: federal, state and local.
* Vice Chair - Florida Bar's Business Litigation Board Certification Committee (2018 - Present).
* Executive Council - Florida Bar's City, County & Local Government Law Section (former member (2015-2018) - (1) Professionalism and Ethics Committee Chair - May 2016-2018; and (2) Secretary/Treasurer - May 2017-2018).
* AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
* 10.0 Superb rated by Avvo.
* Top Rated Appellate Lawyer - 2018 and 2017.
* Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation - 2013.
* Life-long Republican (e.g., Abraham Lincoln and Dwight D. Eisenhower, NOT Donald Trump or Tea Party) and Member of The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies.
* Devout Roman Catholic and 3rd Degree Member of the Knights of Columbus.
* Ardent advocate for the homeless. If you can, please donate to: https://thesharingcenter.org.
Palm Bay is a city in SE Florida with nearly $200 million in infrastructure needs, particularly roads and stormwater canals. My decade working in the Palm Bay City Attorney's Office provided me with the very unique experience of solving these challenges hand-in-hand with government representatives employed by St. Johns River Water Management District, Army Corps of Engineers, Florida Department of Environmental Protection, and the Environmental Protection Agency. These experiences and the many stormwater-related matters / lawsuits I have handled in the course of my career led me to specialize in the representation of individuals and corporations suffering from / with stormwater-related issues.
|FL||Member in Good Standing||2003||06/11/2021|
|Award name||Grantor||Date granted|
|Florida Super Lawyer||Florida Super Lawyers||2021|
|Florida Legal Elite||Florida Trend Magazine||2020|
|Florida Legal Elite||Florida Trend Magazine||2019|
|Florida Legal Elite||Florida Trend Magazine||2018|
|2018 Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award||Marquis Who's Who in American Law||2018|
|Appellate Top Rated Lawyers of 2018||American Lawyer Magazine||2018|
|Florida Legal Elite||Florida Trend Magazine||2017|
|Appellate Top Rated Lawyers of 2017||American Lawyer Magazine||2017|
|America's Most Honored Professionals Top 1% 2016||American Registry, LLC||2016|
|Florida Legal Elite||Florida Trend Magazine||2016|
|Board Certified - Business Litigation||Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education||2015|
|Florida Legal Elite||Florida Trend Magazine||2015|
|Board Certified - City, County & Local Government Law||Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education||2013|
|Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation||The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel Magazine||2013|
|Florida Legal Elite||Florida Trend Magazine||2013|
|Florida Legal Elite||Florida Trend Magazine||2012|
|AV Peer Review Rating||Martindale-Hubbell||2012|
|Member||Cpls, PA||2020 - Present|
|Managing Member||Lannon Land Litigation Local Law, LLC||2018 - Present|
|Senior Counsel||Bogin, Munns & Munns||2018 - 2020|
|City Attorney||City of Palm Bay, Florida||2011 - 2018|
|Deputy City Attorney||City of Palm Bay, FL||2008 - 2011|
|Associate||Stump, Dietrich, Spears & Norman, P.A.||2007 - 2008|
|Associate||Holland & Knight LLP||2005 - 2007|
|Staff Attorney to Justice Peggy A. Quince||Florida Supreme Court||2003 - 2005|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|Florida Bar, City, County and Local Government Law Section||Executive Council||2015 - Present|
|Knights of Columbus||3rd Degree Member||2004 - Present|
|Florida Bar's Business Litigation Board Certification Committee||Vice Chair||2018 - 2021|
|Florida Bar, City, County and Local Government Law Section||Secretary/Treasurer||2017 - 2018|
|Eighteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission||Member||2016 - 2019|
|Florida Bar, Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy Committee||Member||2016 - 2018|
|Florida Bar, City, County and Local Government Law Section||Professionalism & Ethics Committee Chair||2016 - 2018|
|Florida Bar, Eminent Domain Committee||Member||2015 - 2018|
|Vassar B. Carlton American Inn of Court||Secretary/Treasurer||2014 - 2016|
|Vassar B. Carlton American Inn of Court||Barrister||2012 - 2016|
|Brevard County Bar Association||Member||2008 - 2018|
|Florida Bar Journal, Vol. 91, No. 8 (Nov. 2017)||Local Regulation of Medical Marijuana in Florida||2017|
|Stetson Law Review||Risk[y] Business: Transitioning to a Stand-Alone Self-Insurance Program||2017|
|Florida Bar Association publication||Legislating Local Liberties: Human Rights Ordinances Across Florida||2016|
|The Journal of Contemporary Health Law and Policy||Let Him Die with Dignity or Hope for a Cure: The Consequences of Modern Medicine||2002|
|The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law||Juris Doctor||2003|
|College of the Holy Cross||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1996|
|Volusia League of Cities||Annual Ethics Training for Elected Officials||2017|
|Mid-Year CLE Seminar Program||Local Government Lobbying Regulations - Look Who's Talking||2017|
|Buena Vida Estates||Brevard Business Professionals Law Panel||2017|
|40th Annual Local Government Law in Florida||What Lies Beneath? Latent Defects in Pipe Construction: A 6-Year Story of Construction Litigation Told from the Trenches||2017|
|39th Annual Local Government Law in Florida||Where There’s Smoke . . . Use of Non-Ad Valorem Assessment for Fire Service||2016|
|Florida League of Cities||Ethics for Elected Municipal Officers||2015|
|41st Annual Public Employment Labor Relations Forum||When It's Time to Move on . . . Negotiating Severance Agreement Packages for Public Employees||2015|
|38th Annual Local Government Law in Florida||Transitioning to a Stand-Alone Self-Insurance Program||2015|
|38th Annual Local Government Law in Florida||Preserving Attorney Fee Issues and Ethical Considerations Representing Local Governments and Local Government Officials||2015|
|Vassar B. Carlton American Inn of Court||Issues in Property Law||2014|
|Vassar B. Carlton American Inn of Court||Interview of Judge Clarence T. Johnson, Jr., Founder of Inn||2013|
|Vassar B. Carlton American Inn of Court||Electronic Evidence: E-mail, Text & Social Media||2013|
|List of Published Appellate Cases|
Endorsements from fellow lawyers are an important consideration for many when selecting the right attorney. Be the first to endorse your colleague!
Cash, Check, Credit Card