Seasoned corporate attorney with extensive experience in counseling
companies on raising private and venture capital, licensing and
protecting software, trademarks, patents and other intellectual
property, and structuring, negotiating and documenting complex business
contracts, acquisitions and joint ventures.
• Clients include many start-up and emerging growth companies as well as Fortune 500 companies.
• Examples of engagements:
- Represented publicly-held textile company in structuring, negotiating and closing acquisitions and joint ventures in China, India, The Netherlands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Brazil, Slovenia and Mexico.
- Represented large healthcare company in its acquisition of the healthcare informatics division of a publicly-traded company.
- Represented large regional newspaper in its acquisition of a web-based advertising company.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in its outsourcing of its facilities maintenance operations.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in its implementation of credit card processing and PCI compliance for its 6,000+ retail locations.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in negotiating over 250 techology agreements, including with Microsoft, BEA, SAS, CISCO, EMC, Oracle, IBM and Google.
- Represented start-up and emerging growth software companies in raising over $100 million of private capital.
- Represented publicly-traded company in implementing privacy policies, including PCI compliance.
• Experienced businessman - founder of oxygeninternet, a web services firm, and Warrior Golf Club, a public/private golf course in Landis, NC.
|Partner||Moore & Van Allen||2008 - Present|
|Partner||Helms Mulliss & Wicker, PLLC||2006 - 2008|
|Associate||Helms Mulliss & Wicker, PLLC||1998 - 2005|
|Wake Forest University School of Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1998|
|Wake Forest Babcock School of Management||MBA||1998|
|Wake Forest University||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1993|
Endorsements from fellow lawyers are an important consideration for many when selecting the right attorney. Be the first to endorse your colleague!