Practice, Licensing, and Professional Associations
• Private law practice, with a concentration in civil litigation, January 2004 to Present.
• Licensed to practice in North Carolina; Indiana; the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina; the U.S. District Courts for Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana; and the U.S. Supreme Court.
• Current member of the North Carolina Bar Association, including the Litigation Section and Young Lawyers Divisions, and the Forsyth County Bar Association, including the Young Lawyers Division.
• Former member of the Indiana Bar Association, the Indianapolis Bar Association, and the Sports Lawyers Association.
• Current practice focuses on commercial collections, construction and lien law, insurance defense of the amusement industry, trucking, and personal injury.
• Have conducted jury and bench trials on insurance cases, including subrogation and defense cases. Have conducted bench trials for collection matters, probate claims hearings, and a landlord-tenant case. Have handled litigation in all stages of the proceedings, from pre-suit demand letters and resolution, to discovery and motion practice, to post-judgment collection activities.
• Have handled appellate matters in Indiana, North Carolina, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
|IN||Active In Good Standing||2003||10/12/2021|
|Member||Lynch Van Sickle, PLLC||2017 - Present|
|Shareholder||Van Sickle Law, PC||2013 - 2016|
|Of Counsel||Wall, Templeton & Haldrup, P.A.||2011 - 2013|
|Member||Ross & Van Sickle, PLLC||2010 - 2011|
|Associate||Ross Law Firm||2007 - 2009|
|Associate||Weltman, Weinberg & Reis||2005 - 2007|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|North Carolina Bar Association, Construction Law Section||Member||2011 - Present|
|North Carolina Bar Association||Member||2007 - Present|
|North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section||Member||2007 - Present|
|Forsyth County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division||Board Member||2009 - 2011|
|Forsyth County Bar Association||Member||2007 - 2011|
|Indiana State Bar Association, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee||Member||2006 - 2007|
|Indiana State Bar Association, Technology Committee||Member||2006 - 2007|
|Indiana State Bar Association, Litigation Section||Member||2005 - 2007|
|Indianapolis Bar Association, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Section||Member||2005 - 2007|
|Indiana State Bar Association||Member||2004 - 2008|
|Indianapolis Bar Association||Member||2004 - 2007|
|The 101 Practice Series: Breaking Down the Basics||Defending a Construction Defect Case||2009|
|The Recoverer: Current Trends in Creditors' Rights Law||Challenges in Confirming Arbitration Awards: Indiana||2007|
|Indiana University School of Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2003|
|Wake Forest University||BA - Bachelor of Arts||2000|
|Roberts v. Adventure Holdings, LLC|
|Southeast Land Co., LLC, v. Liberty Mutual Insurance Company (unpublished)|
|Atkins v. Peek|