Our initial consultations are free of charge, please contact us if we can be of service. We specialize in legal and regulatory representation of Tribal Governments, Tribal Enterprises/Businesses, Native Organizations and those doing business in Indian Country. We have experience, in Federal and State Government Advocacy, before Congress and legislative bodies and agencies.
Examples of services rendered:
• Drafting tribal governing documents: Developing and drafting Tribal Constitutions, ordinances and resolutions and amendments to these documents.
• Grant development and writing: Grant planning and development in areas of tribal energy, transportation, education and economic development.
• Legislative lobbying and advocacy: Drafting legislation, providing lobbying strategy and development, gaining access to policy and law makers, producing policy updates congressional and state action.
• Land to trust applications and strategies:
• Tribal Transportation and infrastructure development: Following and advocating Tribal transportation priorities before Congress on the Transportation Re-Authorization Legislation. Drafting testimony before key congressional committees and analyzing impacts of changes to policy on Tribal infrastructure maintenance and development.
• Legal representation before federal and state agencies including administrative claims.
• Litigation in Tribal, State and Federal Court to protect the interest of tribes, tribal business and tribal citizens.
• Pursuing Tribal program funding at Federal and sSate Agencies. Advocating for Education, Housing, Energy and Economic development grants and program funding.
• Analysis of regulations that impact tribal governments and businesses, and those contracting with the government on behalf of Tribes and tribal businesses: i.e. regulations pertaining to: FCC historic preservation, Indian Housing programs, Indian Gaming, Energy, Oil and Gas and Government Contracting.
• Federal Recognition Petitions: Development of government strategies, application of federal rules, drafting and editing documents, overview and management of petition resources and research.
• Indian Gaming Regulations and development of Indian Gaming.
• Representation of Tribal Associations and others that promote Tribal economic and cultural development. Following new policies like the recently enacted Farm Bill legalizing Hemp and potential impact on Indian Country.
Our offices are located in Alexandria VA near Reagan National Airport and a short drive into Washington DC. Please contact us if we can service your needs. 703.838.6284 [email protected]
|VA||Authorized to Practice Law||1982||10/05/2021|
|Attorney||Mobil Oil Corporation||1988 - 1995|
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|National Congress of American Indians||Member||2000 - Present|
|Virginia State Bar||N/A||N/A|
|Native American Bar Association||Member||N/A|
|Federal Bar Association||Member||N/A|
|George Mason University School of Law||JD - Juris Doctor||1982|
|University of Virginia||BA - Bachelor of Arts||1977|
|Native American Development Corporation -Tribal Economic Summit||Washington Update: Politics in a new era||2017|
|NC Indian Unity Conference||New Day for Federal Recognition||2016|
|Adminstrative claim against U. S. Health and Human Services||Settlement in favor of client|
Check, Credit Card