Mr. Winitsky concentrates his practice in the area of public finance. In such capacity, Mr. Winitsky represents clients as bond counsel, disclosure counsel and underwriter’s counsel for the issuance of tax-exempt and taxable municipal debt in order to facilitate a wide variety of public projects and programs for local, state and bi-state issuers, including cities, counties, school districts, public authorities, and bi-state agencies. Mr. Winitsky also counsels governmental issuers in connection with liquidity and credit enhancement instruments, as well as interest rate hedge agreements and other derivative products. In addition, he represents public entities and commercial financing companies in connection with lease purchase financing transactions.
Recent representative transactions include:
- Underwriter's Counsel in connection with the issuance of $101,570,000 aggregate principal amount of Single Family Home Mortgage Bonds and the conversion of $152,350,000 aggregate principal amount of Single Family Home Mortgage Bonds, Program Bond Series, issued by the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency
- Bond Counsel to the City of Hoboken in connection with the defeasance and redemption of (i) $61,355,000 aggregate principal amount of Taxable and Tax-Exempt City Guaranteed Hospital Revenue Bonds issued by the Hoboken Municipal Hospital Authority, and (ii) $2,945,000 aggregate principal amount of Parking Utility General Obligation Bonds issued by the City of Hoboken, as part of the sale of the Hoboken University Medical Center
- Bond Counsel to theCountyofMercerin connection with the issuance by the Mercer County Improvement Authority of its $29,550,000 County Guaranteed Renewable Energy Lease Revenue Bonds as part of theCountyofMercer's Renewable Energy Initiative
- Underwriter's Counsel in connection with the issuance of $74,080,000 aggregate principal amount of Taxable and Tax-Exempt Lease Revenue Bonds issued by the Essex County Improvement Authority on behalf of the City ofNewark
- Bond Counsel to the Bergen County Improvement Authority in connection with the issuance of $2,800,000 aggregate principal amount of County Guaranteed Revenue Bonds on behalf of Bergen County Community Action Program, Inc.
Prior to joining Parker McCay, Mr. Winitsky was associated with the law firm Kutak Rock, LLP inDenver,Colorado, where he practiced in the area of public finance. Additionally, he served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Frank A. Buczynski, Jr., Presiding Judge for the Superior Court of New Jersey, General Equity, in Toms River, New Jersey.
|Association name||Position name||Duration|
|New Jersey State Bar Association||Member||N/A|
|Pennsylvania Bar Association||Member||N/A|
|Colorado Bar Association||Member||N/A|
|National Association of Bond Lawyers||Member||N/A|
|Syracuse University College of Law||JD - Juris Doctor||2001|
|Pennsylvania State University, University Park (main campus)||Ba||1998|
Endorsements from fellow lawyers are an important consideration for many when selecting the right attorney. Be the first to endorse your colleague!