Marc R. Labgold, Ph.D. is a registered U.S. patent attorney with more than 20 years of experience specializing in patent litigation and litigation counseling for both plaintiffs and defendants. Dr. Labgold is an accomplished trial attorney with extensive international experience in complex litigation involving patent infringement, theft of trade secrets and unfair competition. His clients are recognized leaders in their respective industries – including leaders in the biotech, chemical, pharmaceutical, in vitro diagnostic, medical device, electronics, printer and semiconductor markets.
Dr. Labgold’s practice includes a broad range of opinion work (e.g., non-infringement, invalidity, unenforceability, freedom-to-operate, etc.), litigation counseling, licensing, IP portfolio counseling/development and alternative dispute resolution including international arbitration.
Distinguishing practice highlights include:
• Lead counsel in more than 40 patent infringement cases for both domestic and foreign clients;
• Lead counsel in several landmark patent cases;
• Outstanding trial record both in bench and jury trials;
• Arguing numerous appellate matters before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit;
• United States Patent & Trademark Office
• DC Bar
• State Bar of Georgia
• United States Supreme Court
• Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
• D.C. Court of Appeals