Steven O Anderson’s Answers

Steven O Anderson

Spokane Probate Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. How do I found out what is held in an estate when no information is being provided by another heir?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Eric Jerome Gold
    2. Robert Daniel Kelly
    3. Karl L. Flaccus
    4. Steven O Anderson
    4 lawyer answers

    I agree with the other statements, you should likley hire counsel to open a probate proceeding which will give you the authroity to gather the assets of the estate and use the court's authority where your brother will not work with you. Unfortunatally this sort of situation is too common.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. What if a person changes their will but dies before its signed?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. James P. Frederick
    2. Steven O Anderson
    3. Eric Jerome Gold
    4. Richard Bryan
    4 lawyer answers

    Under most States laws a Will is not valid unless signed by the maker while compentent, and done so in front of two wittnesses who have also signed indicating that the maker signed the Will. As such the new Will is likely not valid. While the new Will would not revoke the prior Will, there is a chance that the acts of the maker of the Will revoked the prior Will, such as the maker's destruction of the prior Will or other evidence of its revocation. However, with that said, under most state's...

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Should a beneficiary file a creditor's claim against the estate for reimbursements if the executor refuses to reimburse?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Michael Thomas Smith
    2. Joseph Michael Pankowski Jr
    3. Steven O Anderson
    3 lawyer answers

    I agree with prior responses, this does not sound like a creditors claim, as it arose after the death of the decedent. As such you should be paid as a priority claim with other administrative costs. If the personal representative refuses, you can file an action to collect the debt obligation. However, you should have it reviewed by an attorney should the PR continue to refuse payment.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer