William Robert Brendgard’s Answers

William Robert Brendgard

Vancouver Mediation Attorney.

Contributor Level 2
  1. Can I sue person who trying to broke my marriage life?

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. William Robert Brendgard
    2. John M. Tymczyszyn
    2 lawyer answers

    Can you sue the man you dated while married? Not under anything I can think of. Any restraining order you apply for, needs to be based on real facts showing the man's conduct in committing a pattern of harassment or making threats of violence to you. If he has not, then I don't see any legal tools you could use to keep him from talking to your husband. Counseling can improve your communications with husband, even if you don't stay together.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. I just moved to Washington state from Florida for a job. How can I transfer my child custody case here? I'm the custodial parent

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. Thuong-Tri Nguyen
    2. Dave Hawkins
    3. William Robert Brendgard
    3 lawyer answers

    Check your FL court orders and laws about moving away with kids, in case he claims you moved without permission. Under the UCCJEA, laws that every state follows, Florida keeps jurisdiction as long as there's a prior custody order and one parent still lives there. It prevents people from up and leaving only to jump into court in a faraway place. If he moves out of FL that could allow a court in the kid/s new home state to take over the case. Washington courts cannot modify the out-of-...

  3. Who cost the lowest price for divorce if both party's sing

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. Jamie Campbell Manning
    2. Christine Marie Tibaldi
    3. Lee Alan Thompson
    4. William Robert Brendgard
    4 lawyer answers

    Agree that uncontested should not be too expensive if you look around to various law offices in your town. Cheapest way is a non-lawyer document prep service, but that may come at a high price of having poorly drafted forms, a confused judge, and other headaches. State court forms might be available for use in a pro-se dissolution. Some courthouses have a family law facilitator to assist pro-se litigants. There may be a volunteer lawyer program in your county. You can trim lawyer costs...