James E. Banks’s Answers

James E. Banks

Seattle Car / Auto Accident Lawyer.

Contributor Level 6
  1. If an uninsured driver has an accident who is liable when driving someone elses car in Florida?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Ruth Elizabeth Johnson
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    4. James E. Banks
    4 lawyer answers

    If I am reading your question correctly, you would like to know if the person that was driving the car at the time of the collision is an “insured” pursuant to the insurance contract. It would depend on the car’s insurance policy, but if the uninsured driver had permissive use of the car and the vehicle is insured then coverage should apply. In regards to Liability Coverage, insurance contracts generally state that “If you pay the premium for liability coverage, we will pay damages for...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. My mother died in a car accident early this yr she had two other people in the car. can they recive more money than what the

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Christian K. Lassen II
    2. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3. James E. Banks
    3 lawyer answers

    I'm very sorry for your loss. As a previous contributor mentioned, there may be other potential insurance policies in play besides your own. If one of both of the victims had a UM/UIM provision on their auto policy, their estates may be able to seek damages from their insurer up to the amount of the policy limits.

  3. I was an passenger of my own car by friend was driving she hit my garage door

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Martin Wade Hodges
    2. James E. Banks
    3. Bruce Robert Millar
    3 lawyer answers

    If you have collision coverage, your auto insurance should pay to repair the damage minus any deductible.

  4. MY son hit a truck that just got in front of him. Driver just drove away but there was a lot of damages to my sons car.

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Benjamin Kirke Sanchez
    2. Christopher Donald Elster
    3. James E. Banks
    3 lawyer answers

    I hope your son is doing okay. If your son is injured and the vehicle he was driving has Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UIM) coverage, he should file a UIM claim on the policy. There would be no deductible involved for a UIM bodily injury claim.