Skip to main content
Andre R. Olivie

Andre Olivie’s Legal Guides

4 total

  • Marriage-Based Adjustment of Status

    One of the quickest and most common ways for a foreign national to obtain lawful permanent resident status in the U.S. is through marriage to a U.S. Citizen, in a process called Adjustmetn of Status.. As with much of Immigration Law, marriage-based adjustment of status can be qu...

    Read more 

  • How to Provide Proof that Your Marriage is Genuine

    If you are filing for a greencard based on Marriage to a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident, USCIS requires that you provide evidence that the marriage is bonafide or genuine. The following evidence will be helpful in proving this.

    Read more 

  • Tips for preparing for your asylum interview

    This guide gives some tips on preparing for your asylum interview, and also explains what you'll need to do once you're in front of the asylum officer.

    Read more 

  • Tips for Country Condition Research for your Asylum Case

    State Department Human Rights Report The asylum officer or ICE attorney has very little time to do their own country research for asylum claims. They will generally rely only on the State Department

    Read more