Robert Daniel Kelly’s Answers

Robert Daniel Kelly

Seattle Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 20
  1. Should I tell the police that I may have caused damage to another person's vehicle?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Nathan D Sukhia
    2. Robert Daniel Kelly
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Samuel Cohen
    5. Philip Anthony Fabiano
    5 lawyer answers

    Questions of law are different from questions of morality/conscience.

    10 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. My son was in a motorcycle/car accident Saturday. Car turned left in front on him resulting in severe damage to his left leg.

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Brian Michael Sullivan
    2. Robert Daniel Kelly
    3. Diego P. Gavilanes
    4. Timothy E Fizer
    5. Matthew David Dubin
    6. ···
    19 lawyer answers

    Yes, you do need a lawyer. I had a case just like that. I hope your son wasn't hurt too badly.

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Underage driver age 14 and no insurance. Can I sue? What will happen to her?

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Christopher Lee Thayer
    2. Michael Robert Charbonneau
    3. Jacob Brian Smith
    4. Jonathan C Yousling
    5. Daniel Matthew McLafferty
    6. ···
    12 lawyer answers

    You can sue, but there are problems since a 14 year old probably doesn't have extraordinary assets and her parents' insurance company would probably deny coverage. The parents would probably only be liable for a very limited amount of money because of their daughter's misconduct. "The parental immunity doctrine does not apply where injury to a child results from a parent's or guardian's willful or wanton misconduct." Zellmer v. Zellmer, 132 Wn. App. 674 (2006). Further, RCW 4.24.190 (...

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. Should My Friend See A Personal Injury Attorney?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Erik Francis Ladenburg
    2. Daniel Matthew McLafferty
    3. Jacob Brian Smith
    4. Brian Michael Sullivan
    5. Michael David Myers
    6. ···
    15 lawyer answers

    The law allows and requires full compensation for all injuries caused by the negligence of another. That includes medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and (last but not least) reasonable compensation for the pain, suffering, emotional distress, mental anguish, etc. the injured person suffered.

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. My mom had auto accident on May 2012 it was rear-end accident and it was 100% other drivers fault

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. Francis M Smith
    2. Albert Lee Crosner
    3. Michael S Altman
    4. Robert Daniel Kelly
    5. Samuel Cohen
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    Sometimes your best result is obtained through patient perseverance.

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. Family Members Dies During Hernia Surgery.

    Answered 26 days ago.

    1. Robert Daniel Kelly
    2. Bruce Clement
    3. Steven L Shaw
    4. Giacomo Jacques Behar
    5. Christian K. Lassen II
    5 lawyer answers

    Answering your question requires having a doctor examine the records to render what we lawyers call an "expert" opinion. You should call an attorney who does medical malpractice cases in Seattle.

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

  7. Is there a defense-attorney for fraudulent personal injury claims?

    Answered 3 months ago.

    1. Robert Daniel Kelly
    2. Ronald Gene Meyers
    3. Zaheer A Shah
    4. Thuong-Tri Nguyen
    5. Christopher B. Rounds
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    Your insurance company will defend you because the impact was between your nose and the other guy's tail. If your insurance company doesn't settle, you get to the part later where everybody calls each other liars.

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. We are trying to get policy limit from auto accident insurance company.

    Answered 10 months ago.

    1. Steven L Shaw
    2. Carrie D. Umland
    3. Debra J Toews
    4. Jason Henry Schauer
    5. Gabriel Dante Mazzitelli
    6. ···
    14 lawyer answers

    Something you should probably discuss with your lawyer is the possibility of offering to exchange a covenant not to execute on a judgment over the policy limits for an assignment of the at-fault party's cause of action against his insurance company for bad faith in the insurance business. If the action for bad faith in the insurance business goes well, it can be worth much more than the policy limits. Attorney's fees may also be recoverable pursuant to OLYMPIC STEAMSHIP v. CENTENNIAL INS.,...

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. What kind of lawyer should I look for?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Carrie D. Umland
    2. Robert Daniel Kelly
    3. Miguel Amador
    4. Jenna M Wolfe
    5. James Patrick McLane III
    5 lawyer answers

    You may have been a victim of the crime of cyberstalking. RCW 9A.61.260. ( If so, you should call the police. There may also be a cause of action at civil law, but at civil law you would have the burden of proving by a preponderance of the evidence every element of your allegations, including the extent of the damages. Perhaps some attorney in the category of "personal injury" would be interested.

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

  10. Landlord told me in writing to quit doing business, then evicted me, changed locks and is now suing me for rent???

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Robert Daniel Kelly
    2. Eric Jerome Gold
    2 lawyer answers

    When one party to a contract attempts to unilaterally change the terms of the contract, the attempted change would be void. Contracts have to represent a meeting of the minds, an agreement, a bargained-for exchange reached at arm's length on a level playing field. Your statement indicates circumstances where you might have a counterclaim for breach of contract.

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

Call now for a free consultation.