Kevin Lederman’s Answers

Kevin Lederman

Seattle Immigration Attorney.

Contributor Level 7
  1. I have joint insurance, pension,lease credit cards, and assest, is this enough evidence for i751

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Daniel E. Green
    2. Karen-Lee Pollak
    3. Kevin Lederman
    3 lawyer answers

    There really is no bright line test for what is "enough." The more the better, but quality does count over quantity. Evidence of a joint residence (lease, deed, joint-renter's insurance, mortgage statements, joint utilities), and evidence of a commingling of your finances (joint bank/brokerage accounts, joint tax returns, etc) are all important. I agree that adding photos of the two of you together througout the course of your relationship would be helpful.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. How can I file a waiver so I can adjust in the US based on DV lottery if I am not in any proceedings?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Toni Maschler
    2. Albert H. Valk
    3. F. J. Capriotti III
    4. J Charles Ferrari
    5. Kevin Lederman
    5 lawyer answers

    If you qualify to Adjust status in the United States under Section 245(i), then you won't need a waiver. You need to explore whether any Labor Certification application or petition (family or employment-based) filed on your behalf prior to 4/30/01.