Lori L. Guzzo’s Answers

Lori L. Guzzo

Seattle Marriage / Prenuptials Lawyer.

Contributor Level 2
  1. Legal Separation - Converting to Divorce

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. John M. Tymczyszyn
    2. Lori L. Guzzo
    3. David Alexander Browde
    3 lawyer answers

    I infer from your question that you obtained a decree of legal separation seven months ago, and my answer assumes that to be your situation. Yes, you must give your former husband notice of the hearing. In King County, you must give him at least 14 days' notice prior to the date when the court will hear your motion to convert your decree. Because you do not know where your former husband lives now, and assuming he does not have a lawyer representing him of whom you're aware, service can be...

  2. What is the process my parents and I would have to complete to hyphenate my last name?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Mark L. Alexander
    2. Frances Turean
    3. Lori L. Guzzo
    3 lawyer answers

    Visit the King County website to find out the simple procedure for changing your name.