Kimberly M Raphaeli’s Answers

Kimberly M Raphaeli

Bellevue Foreclosure Attorney.

Contributor Level 6
  1. Forclosure of my home-At twenty days after trustee sale; time left to vacate after service of summary proceidings to evict me

    Answered almost 7 years ago.

    1. Kimberly M Raphaeli
    1 lawyer answer

    Hello, I represent trustees and lenders in the Seattle area. Typically, we send a letter letting the occupant know they have the statutory period of 20 days to be out of the home. If that period passes and the home remains occupied, then we file our summons and complaint to have the occupant evicted. Many times it will take upwards of at least six weeks to have the sheriff evict an individual by force. The process can move much faster if you agree to a program many lenders use called "cash...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

    4 people marked this answer as helpful

  2. Foreclosure and chapter 7 bankruptcy

    Answered over 5 years ago.

    1. Kimberly M Raphaeli
    2. Gregory J. Jalbert
    2 lawyer answers

    You would be far better off negotiating with the individual or entity that bought your home at foreclosure auction. You can negotiate for a landlord/tenant arrangement, additional time to move out, or even financial assistance to relocate to a new home. If the property becomes bank-owned many times the bank will offer a cash incentive if you agree to leave the house clean and move out quickly. You may lose the possibility of entering into any of these agreements by filing bankruptcy.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  3. I would like to find out what my legal rights are about student loans garnishing my wages.

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Kimberly M Raphaeli
    2. Steven A. Harms
    3. Dorothy G Bunce
    3 lawyer answers

    In Washington, the creditor must first file a lawsuit against you AND personally serve it on you before your creditor can begin the process to collect your wages. Garnishment can occur by one of two methods AFTER the creditor initiates the lawsuit - 1. your creditor could obtain a pre-judgment writ of garnishment, but it requires a hearing before this could occur; or 2. by obtaining a judgment against you - either by default (assuming your fail to respond to the lawsuit) or by losing at a...