Jennifer Lee Coughlin’s Answers

Jennifer Lee Coughlin

Bend Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 8
  1. If you are going to sue a Dr. for negligence causing the persons death should wife request records or leave it to lawyer

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Jennifer Lee Coughlin
    2. Joseph Jonathan Brophy
    3. S. David Rosenthal Esquire
    4. Glenn S. Doyle
    4 lawyer answers

    I, too, am so very sorry for your loss. It appears that you may have a medical negligence claim agianst the hospital and/or the physician who missed the symptoms and misdiagnosed. I think it's a good idea for a patient or a patient's guardian to try to get the medical records before seeing me, so that I can have my legal nurse consultant review them. She will normally then tell me what records were not provided to the patient, and I can order those directly from the hospital. BUt, I do...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Does my son have a personal injury case?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Jennifer Lee Coughlin
    2. Teunis G Wyers
    3. Robert Frank Melton II
    3 lawyer answers

    Good morning. It does appear that your son may have a medical negligence claim against hospitals #1 or #2, or the physicians who treated your son. Often times physicians are not employees of hospitals, but rather independent contractors, so must be sued separately from the hospital entity. I agree that you should seek counsel with a medical malpractice attorney. The question will be, after reviewing all the notes, whether the care fell below a standard of care owed to a patient such as your...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. I had a paralized vocal cord from a surgery in the 70,s. I resenctly had another surgery for a parathyroid gland removal .

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Jennifer Lee Coughlin
    2. Sean Michael Patrick
    3. David J. McCormick
    3 lawyer answers

    In Oregon, informed consent is required and can be a claim against a medical provider. I agree that you should look at the terms in the informed consent you signed prior to surgery, and also review the pre-operative note where the surgeon likely stated that he discussed the risks of surgery with you. If you did not sign an informed consent prior to surgery, you may want to seek representation by a medical malpractice attorney. You can learn more about malpractice claims at

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer


    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Jennifer Lee Coughlin
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Lars A. Lundeen
    3 lawyer answers

    Hi there! I'm from Baker City, so your question is near and dear to my heart. The answer is, yes, you can sue a school. But, under the circumstances you presented, you probably don't have a claim. Lawsuits against schools are generally for premises liability, where a known dangerous condition exists but the school ignores it and your child gets hurt. For instance, if the monkey bars were known to be weak but they allowed kids to play on them and your child fell and broke her arm when they...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful