Eric McClendon’s Answers

Eric McClendon

Tigard attorney.

Contributor Level 6
  1. I need an annulment in Oregon

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Eric McClendon
    1 lawyer answer

    Unless there was fraud or coercion involved in the marriage, you may not qualify for an annulment. However, you may qualify for "summary dissolution", which is a simplified form of divorce in Oregon. I suggest you contact an attorney familiar with the summary dissolution process in Oregon. Sincerely, Eric McClendon | Attorney at Law MCCLENDON OWENS MELIA MCBREEN LLP 630 SE Powell Blvd | Portland, Or 97202 Phone: (503)384-2420 Fax: (503)384-2427

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. Is there really free (legal aid) or extremely low cost Attnys in Oregon to help me be able to see my children again?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Joanne Reisman
    2. Eric McClendon
    3. Pamela Sarah Boshears
    3 lawyer answers

    I completely agree with the answers given below. However, I would also add that the Oregon State Bar has a program called "Modest Means" that serves low income clients. Lawyers who participate in the program agree to charge $35 for an initial consultation, and a very low hourly rate should you decide to hire them. There are three hourly rates based upon your income: $60, $80, or $100. I suggest you contact the Oregon State Bar online or over the phone and put in an application for this program.

  3. I need a lawyer in portland Oregon to write a demand letter for me free of charge or under 100 dollars

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Edward A Kroll
    2. Troy Austin Pickard
    3. Eric McClendon
    4. Theodore Lyons Araujo
    4 lawyer answers

    Try contacting a legal aid clinic, or perhaps apply for the "modest means" program through the Oregon State Bar, if you don't have any luck getting a lawyer to do it for free.

  4. How can I evict my 18 yr old? Does not have and will not sign a rental agreement, steals car and keeps breaking into my room .

    Answered over 4 years ago.

    1. Troy Austin Pickard
    2. Eric McClendon
    2 lawyer answers

    Eviction is a tricky process because there are strict statutory requirements. It is crucial that you give any tenant (whether related to you or not) proper notice before an eviction. Failure to give adequate notice can result in serious consequences. I suggest that you contact an attorney with experience in landlord/tenant law in Oregon.