Gregory K Zeuthen’s Answers

Gregory K Zeuthen

Portland Litigation Lawyer.

Contributor Level 5
  1. ORS 811.170 Violation of open container law question

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Gregory K Zeuthen
    2. Greg Freeze
    2 lawyer answers

    If the vehicle was parked on private business property and not on a highway (as defined by ORS 801.305), there is no violation of ORS 811.170. The open container law applies to vehicles on a highway in Oregon, and apply to any person in the vehicle. The laws pertaining to DUII are much broader. You can be cited and convicted for DUII if you operate a vehicle while under the influence "upon any premises open to the public." This means if you are under the influence and drive your car on...

    Selected as best answer

  2. Do i need an attorney if the store where i got injured has already confirmed that they are responsible for my injury?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Todd A Taylor
    2. Paul Y. Lee
    3. Chris Matthew Limberopoulos
    4. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    5. Gregory K Zeuthen
    6. ···
    12 lawyer answers

    I agree there really is not an admission of liability. If you actually have a permanent injury you should consult with an attorney to learn what your rights are. Most personal injury lawyers do not charge for an initial consultation.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. I have asked my doctor for a copy of my medical records but though promised she will not give me a copy. What can I do from here

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. David J. McCormick
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Gregory K Zeuthen
    3 lawyer answers

    Oregon law gives you the absolute right to review your medical records. See ORS 192.553. That sections provids that "It is the policy of the State of Oregon that an individual has...The right to access and review protected health information of the individual." You don't say what type of doctor (Medical, chiropractic or acupuncture) I would send one last letter to the doctor, citing the statute, and point out that you'll be filing a formal complaint to the board that regulates the doctors'...

  4. I have uninsured motorist insurance and was hit by one. Do they cover Pain and Suffering on top of the medical expenses?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Gregory K Zeuthen
    2. Christopher William Holwell
    3. Joshua David Wallace
    3 lawyer answers

    The short answer to your question is "Yes." Uninsured Motorist (UM) Coverage provides coverage for pain and suffering damages. The wrinkle in your case is that you were injured in Oregon while insured under a Georgia UM policy. In Oregon there is a two year Statute of Limitations ("SOL") that applies to UM claims, but your policy may dictate a different SOL.