Joel Brett Massaeā€™s Answers

Joel Brett Massae

Paradise Car / Auto Accident Lawyer.

Contributor Level 9
  1. Do you think it really matters what type of attorney a person retains in a personal injury situation?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Ilya Demetrios Frangos
    2. Frederick Joseph Sette
    3. Malosack Berjis
    4. David B Pittman
    5. Randall Richard Sevenish
    6. ···
    21 lawyer answers

    I will agree with other answers on this post. I will add that it is very beneficial to have a lawyer in your local area to handle your case. Sometimes it becomes quite cumbersome to get documents signed and keep appointments. Also important is to research determine which lawyers who will actually handle your case and not some paralegal. Many times clients become very frustrated when they cannot speak with the lawyer. If you wish to discuss your case please contact me @ (530) 872-2375.

    26 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Accidentally bumped another car in parking lot - did not see damage until next morning.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Joel Brett Massae
    2. David B Pittman
    3. Carlos J. Jimenez
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. Kevin Coluccio
    5 lawyer answers

    You have a duty pursuant to the following:(1) Locate and notify the owner or person in charge of that property of the name and address of the driver and owner of the vehicle involved and, upon locating the driver of any other vehicle involved or the owner or person in charge of any damaged property, upon being requested, present his or her driver's license, and vehicle registration, to the other driver, property owner, or person in charge of that property. The information presented shall...

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Loopholes for 15/30 insurance?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Barry P. Goldberg
    2. Joel Brett Massae
    3. Brad S Kane
    4. David J. McCormick
    5. Paul J Molinaro
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    What they are telling you is that there is a max of 15k per person and 30k per accident. This means that the insurance company is only obligated to pay you 15K, however that does not mean that the owner/driver of the vehicle could be liable for more. The problem here is whether the driver has any assets that could be used to satisfy a judgement in excess of the 15k which are not subject to bankruptcy protection. If you have underinsured motorist coverage that exceeds the 15k you may possibly be...

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. What should we expect financially and do we even have a case.?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. James Michael Bergener
    2. Steven Mark Sweat
    3. Ramin Joseph Raiszadeh
    4. Jeffrey David Bohn
    5. Robert Max Klein
    6. ···
    13 lawyer answers

    I believe that you should contact a lawyer to disuss your options. It is possible that the open hole on the door presented a dangerous condition which if proven could result in money damages. There are many issues that must be determined prior to initation of litigation. Call me if you want a free consultation 530-872-2375 or email

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. Should I take non- prescription medicine prior to my deposition so as not to be in pain? I need to travel for one hr prior.

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Jeffrey Michael Padilla
    2. Joel Brett Massae
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Sheldon S Saints
    5. Joseph Torri
    5 lawyer answers

    If consumption of the substance impairs your ability to recollect events, tell the truth, or cause your testimony to be unintelligible, then testimony at the deposition may be deemed unreliable or incompetent. If this is the case the lawyer taking the deposition may reschedule another deposition and ask that you not take any substance which impairs your ability to clearly testify. If you do not have a lawyer you should seek further assitance in this matter especially in a deposition situation...

    5 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. If I'm found at fault for an accident, but I know I was not at fault would I be able to over turn the accident report?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Pius Joseph
    2. Frank Marvin Nunes
    3. Joel Brett Massae
    4. Daniel Nelson Deasy
    4 lawyer answers

    If you had insurance , your carrier may supply an accident reconstructionist if fault can be disputed. if you were injured contact an attorney. if want more information contact Joel Massae Attorney @ 530-872-2375

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  7. How long does information stay in the Child Abuse index? Can the information be taken off?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Lauren Johnson
    2. Joel Brett Massae
    3. Evelyn Ann Cox
    3 lawyer answers

    It depends on the type of abuse involved. If a sex offense it could remain on your record forever.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  8. What should I do when my car insurance coverage is less than medical bill?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Joel Brett Massae
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Robert Daniel Kelly
    3 lawyer answers

    It may be possible that you could qualify for public assistance.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  9. Can multiple DUI convictions be expunged from DMV records?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Joel Brett Massae
    2. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi
    3. Salman Borhani
    4. Jasen Bodie Nielsen
    4 lawyer answers

    In California the wash out period for a DUI is 10 years, therefore the 2002 and earlier DUI's will not count as prior convictions if the offense occured exactly ten years or later than the new conviction. As far as expungement, sure they can be expunged however, usually the District Attorney will object if you are on probation or have not obtained your driver's license prior to the expungement hearing. You can look at the Penal Code for more requirements.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  10. Is it legal for the police to impound a legally parked car during a DUI arrest

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Joel Brett Massae
    2. Philip Daniel Hache
    3. Lloyd Wayne Patterson
    3 lawyer answers

    Depending on the facts of your particular circumstances in many cases the police will have your car towed and you will be required to pay an impound fee to get your car out. To make matters worse if you are concivted of the DUI offense the court may impound your vehicle if there are facts sufficient to prove that you are a public safety hazard. The impoundment issue is the least of your problems, the DUI crIminal case and the DMV are much bigger issues if you were arrested for a DUI. JOEL B....