Tai Christopher Bogan’s Answers

Tai Christopher Bogan

Modesto Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 18
  1. Can I make a "wet and wreckless" plead without an attorney? If so what information would I need?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Chris J Feasel
    2. Brian Russell Michaels
    3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko
    4. Slavik Steve Leydiker
    5. Manny Daskal
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    You might get a wet without a lawyer. BUT WHY? This should be the highest offer made. You should shoot for s dismissal. How about a not guilty at trial? What about a DRY reckless? How about a traffic ticket like speeding? If you want to go and fall on the sword for a wet - go ahead. But the guy with a lawyer is going to get a better deal. Was your license suspended? If so an attorney could work a deal to get your license back. You need to get your head on straight. You have no clue what...

    20 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. My son was found guilty of 1st degree murder and not manslaughter. His lawyer told him to take the stand. Can We appeal?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Tai Christopher Bogan
    2. Michael Douglas Shafer
    3. Joshua Sachs
    4. Jonathan H Levy
    5. Michael Lawrence Doyle
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    It will cost lots for a appellate attorney. If you are serious about hiring an attorney, then you should be be prepared to shell out a small fortune. A free attorney will be appointed to review the case for those who cannot afford an attorney. All that needs to happen to get that ball rolling is to file a notice of appeal within 60 days. Quickly addressing your concerns, whether you son testified was his decision not the lawyers. There is a fine line between coaching and prepping. Too much...

    18 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  3. If a 9.0 Earthquake hits california and the DA office is crumbled would my charges be dropped?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Matthew Murillo
    2. Mark K Rosenfeld
    3. J Charles Ferrari
    4. Michael Charles Doland
    5. Ted Harvatin
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    Most files are backed up either online or some sort of electronic storage. The police reports for example would be at the police department as well. So no....not getting the charges dropped by this scenario.

    17 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. Is there any defense against this?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Tai Christopher Bogan
    2. James Brian Campbell
    3. Vijay Dinakar
    4. Andrew Stephen Roberts
    5. Michael Anthony Hernandez
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Stop posting facts about your case online. You are in trouble yes. If you or your parents have the money for an attorney, hire one. If not, you can ask for the public defender when you go to court. You will be processed through the probation department. Bring all the great stuff you do to the probation department when they call you. Things like, good grades. volunteer work, any jobs you have, etc. You want them to think you're a great person. A lawyer can facilitate this quicker than you can....

    15 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. I am dealing with a DUI felony case in San Mateo county. Is it a bad idea to hire an attorney from a different county?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Tai Christopher Bogan
    2. Michael Korry Bialys
    3. David Matthew Piper
    4. Philip Daniel Hache
    5. Jasen Bodie Nielsen
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    Narrow your list of lawyer down to the top 3. Then from there you can decide whether being from the same town is a good thing or a bad thing. Nothing in San Mateo's procedure would phase any experienced DUI lawyer from anywhere in the state. Most procedures are part of criminal procedure everywhere. HIre the best lawyer. There are sometime advantages of hiring local counsel and sometimes not. It depends on the facts of the case.

    15 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. Can a LAPD officer tell me that he is arresting me for being in the US army? I want to file a lawsuit against the LAPD

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. John M. Kaman
    2. Leigh Gretchen Fleming
    3. Michael Korry Bialys
    4. Tai Christopher Bogan
    5. Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr
    5 lawyer answers

    If you wish to sue the LAPD you should hire an attorney first to beat the DUI case. You will also need an attorney to sue the LAPD. Sometimes the same attorney can do both and sometimes not. I am not passing judgment as to the credibility of you version of events, nor am I saying that the LAPD did not act outside the norm. You need an attorney to assist you. I read on a comment here that you were at the AMPM and their is audio/video. You should secure that ASAP as it erases soon after...

    15 lawyers agreed with this answer

  7. What is the definition of practicing law without a license in California?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Eric D Ridley
    2. Tai Christopher Bogan
    3. Frank Wei-Hong Chen
    4. Christine C McCall
    4 lawyer answers

    I don't believe a fee needs to be involved for the "unauthorized practice of law" in CA. It is a vague area which gets people in trouble. Those who find themselves in this web are document preparation companies and bankruptcy preparers. Most of these folks involved in that business of practicing law are good about not giving legal advice. That is the key - giving legal advice without a license is illegal, period. It is a matter of degree and nobody on AVVO can evaluate your particular...

    15 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. Criminal lawyer

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Tai Christopher Bogan
    2. Harry Edward Hudson Jr
    3. Edward Jacob Sternisha
    3 lawyer answers

    486 days divided by 2 = 243 days. It looks like his out date is a few weeks beyond the half time date. There are many factors for this. Depending on how many cases he was in on. Also whether he lost some of his credits along the way for bad conduct. I would address this question his lawyer at the time of plea. They could speak to the judge if the calculations are incorrect. Sometimes the jail messes up - but usually there is a logical explanation - at least where I practice.

    Selected as best answer

  9. Is there expungement in California?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Christine C McCall
    2. Tai Christopher Bogan
    3. Donald Wayne Werno
    4. Gray Richard Proctor
    5. Troy Slaten
    5 lawyer answers

    There is not a true expungment process in CA. The best those who have been convicted have is penal code 1203.4, setting aside the judgment. Now, you were never convicted. It is difficult to tell whether you entered any plea at all. If you never entered a plea then your chance to get this case removed from your rap sheet is possible but unlikely. There sounds like there is a lot of information to your story. A petty theft that was differed by itself hardly seems like something that will...

    14 lawyers agreed with this answer

  10. Just had a my first DUI where I blew a .24, will these be considered a felony, and am I able to get a restricted licence?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Tai Christopher Bogan
    2. Joshua Kaizuka
    3. Andrew Stephen Roberts
    4. Matthew Murillo
    5. William Peter Daley
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    First, call the DMV and ask for a DMV hearing, if you don't your license will automatically be suspended in 30 days after you got pulled over. At the hearing you might be able to keep your license if you win. An attorney should be used at the hearing. Next, you will probably be charged in criminal court. Again, you should use the services of an attorney. A BAC of .24 would be considered aggravated and could be used to increase your punishment. This WILL NOT be a felony unless someone was...

    13 lawyers agreed with this answer

We're ready to help. Contact us today.