If your boyfriend is facing carjacking (PC215) charges with gang allegations the charges against him are very serious. If you do not feel your attorney is up to the task and/or is not representing your boyfriend you need to either hire a new attorney ASAP or seek appointment of a Public Defender. It's very important that you obtain effective counsel prior to preliminary hearing.