Posted by Mr. A
Nancy was the 5th lawyer with whom I had an initial consultation. I knew almost instantly that she was the one to help me navigate my divorce process. She is an exceptional mix of experienced, intelligent, action-oriented, direct and empathetic. My process was recently completed and I’m so grateful for Nancy’s counsel and stewardship.
Among what I appreciated most about Nancy:
- She has 30 years of experience in San Mateo County. She knows the system, the judges and the other family law attorneys. There were multiple times that this knowledge helped improve my decisions and process.
- She was a great advisor and sounding board for how to play out the terms negotiation. She asked me what I valued most and then helped me build a strategy on how to maximize my outcome.
- She was always responsive and direct. When I asked her questions between appointments, she would get back to me promptly and provide open, honest and direct feedback. This prevented me from making multiple mistakes
- She was empathetic at the right level. I feel like she genuinely cared about me as a person and I found her to be a very a calming, positive influence to help me through an awful process.
- She listened. I found some other lawyers to be very controlling of the process. Nancy was the right balance of advocating an approach but being open to my questions and suggestions.
- She was a careful steward of my money. Divorce is painful financially. Nancy was fair in her billings and she was very efficient in how we used our time together.
I recommend Nancy with my highest level of enthusiasm and appreciation.
Posted by a Child Custody client
Nancy is detail oriented and tenacious. She remembered the smallest detail of my case, so that when an issue came up in court or the judge's chambers, the judge heard my needs and wishes quickly and persuasively. Nancy explains the law clearly so that I can make informed decisions without duress. Nancy is great at settling but also aggressive in court if the other side won't be reasonable. Additionally, she is supportive, balanced, and a pleasure to work with.
Posted by a Divorce client
My divorce was handled by mediators and Nancy was my lawyer for that process. I would recommend her without hesitation or qualification. She was extremely responsive, helpful and fair.