Jessica Byulnim Cha’s Answers

Jessica Byulnim Cha

Tustin Family Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. I have a adw that was drop down to a misdemeanor how do I fill out n-400? Do I put it down as a misdemeanor or a felony?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Jessica Byulnim Cha
    1 lawyer answer

    You REALLY should consult with an immigration attorney before you fill out the N-400. The assault with deadly weapon could be considered a crime of moral turpitude (CMT), even if it is a misdemeanor. If you are found to be guilty of a CMT you may not be able to adjust your status. You may want to explore the possibility of post-conviction relief before you fill out the N-400. You can call our office to talk with one of our immigration lawyers for a 20 minute free consultation. Depending on what...

  2. If you have a felony' and finish your probation and a judge brought it down to a misdemeanor. is it a misdemeanor or a felony ?

    Answered about 3 years ago.

    1. Jason J.L. Yang
    2. Jessica Byulnim Cha
    2 lawyer answers

    If the Judge did reduce the crime from a felony to misdemeanor, you will only show a misdemeanor on your record. While you were charged with a felony you will only be convicted of a misdemeanor. You can double check this by asking the criminal clerk for a copy of the minute order so you can rest assured that the Judge did in fact lower the charge to a misdemeanor.