George Louis Delaflor’s Answers

George Louis Delaflor

La Mesa Employment / Labor Attorney.

Contributor Level 5
  1. Can an employer adjust employees timecards to the employer's benefit under CA state employment laws

    Answered about 5 years ago.

    1. George Louis Delaflor
    2. Alicia Irene Dearn
    2 lawyer answers

    While all situations may be different, I will not be as reluctant to answer this question as the others who have answered it. I can think of very few, if any situations that would justify an employer altering a time card, under California law. An employer is required to maintain time records for non-exempt employees. Time records should be accurate. If an employee is making errors, this should be corrected by employee counseling or discipline, documenting errors. If an employee is...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

    7 people marked this answer as helpful

  2. Can i still recieve unemployment benifits if i failed to do my appeal or file an appeal again if i was laid off in 2010

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Michael Robert Kirschbaum
    2. Patrick John Phillips
    3. George Louis Delaflor
    4. Anthony David Mongan
    4 lawyer answers

    If you failed to appeal timely, I believe you are likely out of luck, but you can always attempt to refile, nothing preventing it, I suppose. Have you worked at all since that time?

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Can an employer take away a raise for stepping down but not take away someone elses for the same reason?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Marilynn Mika Spencer
    2. George Louis Delaflor
    3. Frank Wei-Hong Chen
    3 lawyer answers

    I agree with Marilyn. There is nothing illegal about this kind of favoritism...UNLESS you think it is based on something illegal, such as gender, ethnicity or race, of course. So, if it is true discrimination, then it might be a case. Otherwise, people can "discriminate" as amongst people in how they are paid, so long as they are not in a protected class.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer