Matthew Clark is an attorney at Shernoff Bidart Echeverria Bentley LLP whose practice focuses on bad faith litigation as well as personal injury and wrongful death cases. His experience includes representing individuals and businesses in bad faith lawsuits seeking restitution from insurance companies on a variety of matters including denial of coverage and breach of contract.
Mr. Clark’s experience includes:
- Lead law and motion attorney on an insurance dispute arising from a major commercial property fire in downtown Los Angeles. After the insurers’ repeated law and motion attempts to delay the case were denied, the matter resulted in a confidential high seven figure settlement with the insurers.
Representing 28 tenants on a pro bono basis against the landlord and landowners permitting uninhabitable living conditions to persist on a property in Downtown Los Angeles. Resulted in nearly $4 million in settlement/refurbish/repair benefits going to the tenants.
- Law and motion attorney assisting with the case against an insurer who failed to settle claims against its insured. After confidential arbitration, the matter resolved for an eight figure settlement.
- Representing a former oil refinery employee who alleged breach of implied contract for continued employment against his former employer for wrongfully reduced the employee’s profit sharing agreement without good cause. Mr. Clark sat second chair at trial where the jury awarded approximately $2 million in past economic damages. (George Sturges, Jr. vs. Kern Fuels Research, LLC, et al.)
- Representing the family in a wrongful death case where a woman was tragically killed during the repossession of her automobile. The case resulted in a confidential seven figure settlement for the husband and daughter.
Mr. Clark joined the firm in 2010 after attending the University of Notre Dame Law School where he graduated magna cum laude. While at Notre Dame, Mr. Clark was an Article Editor for the Notre Dame Law Review. Mr. Clark obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan.
- See more at: http://shernoff.com/attorneys/matthew-clark/#sthash.rehCkQNp.dpuf