Michael D. Waks’s Answers

Michael D. Waks

Long Beach Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 9
  1. Last monday 3 days ago i went to court house and paid a fine 520$ today i apeared in court and the judge said case terminated

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Harry Edward Hudson Jr
    2. David Jon Pullman
    3. Michael D. Waks
    3 lawyer answers

    I am a little confused by your question but it sounds like you had an obligation pursuant to a Judgment rendered against you and despite your failure to comply the case has been erroneously dismissed. Count your blessings. Don't try to get your $520.00 back. Never look a gift horse in the mouth.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. I have two small children and got a three day or quit notice. My roomate didnt pay her half of the rent and doesnt have any mny?

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen
    2. Michael D. Waks
    2 lawyer answers

    If your name is on the lease, which it sounds like it is, then you are responsible for the full amount of the rent. The dispute with your room mate is your problem, not the landlord's problem. He can evict you and your children for your failure to pay.

  3. I need a real kick-ass lawyer to sue the school district for an assault on my son by an adult school district employee. Help!

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Michael D. Waks
    2. Ajay Mohan Kwatra
    3. Armen Michael Tashjian
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. Joyce J. Sweinberg
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    There are many attorneys who have substantial experience litigating cases against government entities such as school districts. You should go to their web sites to see if they have such experience or you should call them directly. Most quality PI attorneys will offer a free consultation to prospective clients. Good luck.

  4. Can I sue a bar for an incident that involved myself being assaulted by 2 men, who also happened to be gang members?

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Christian K. Lassen II
    2. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3. Michael D. Waks
    3 lawyer answers

    You will need to contact a Canadian attorney. The laws in Canada may or may not be the same as here in the US. Even in the US these are tough cases. That does not mean that people don't sometimes prevail on these facts but it is rare.

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  5. This is awkward, but my boyfriend was driving me home late one night when he asked me to crawl over into his seat and start..

    Answered almost 4 years ago.

    1. Christian K. Lassen II
    2. Paul Y. Lee
    3. Daniel Paul Buttafuoco
    4. Michael D. Waks
    4 lawyer answers

    Your boyfriend was clearly negligent. You need to hire an attorney and file a claim against him and his insurance company as soon as possible. A qualified PI attorney can identify the limits of his insurance policy quickly and insure that you receive the appropriate medical treatment.