1. Discover the Source of Your Injury and How it Occurred. The source will differ depending on the type of injury you received. o For vehicle collisions, the source may be a flat tire
1. Check if you are the person to bring the suit A wrongful death lawsuit may be brought by an immediate family member or the appointed personal representative of the deceased’s estate. Immediate fa
1. Check if you are eligible to receive Social Security o You are eligible to receive Social Security after you turn 62 if you had worked a minimum total of ten years, which is forty quarters of cre
1. Consider if you really want a bankruptcy * Bankruptcy has the potential to dramatically alter a person’s life. Before deciding on bankruptcy, first consider the consequences of bankruptcy as wel
1. If you are suspected of a crime, Remain Calm and do NOT answer questions * Ask the police officer if you are under arrest. If no, then you are not obligated to answer any question or remain ther
1. Try to reach a negotiated agreement before going to court o Judges often allow the negotiated agreements between the parties to stand. You will get more say as to what you want if you negotiate
1. Take an inventory of your assets and liabilities o Make a list of all of your assets. Remember to include any insurance policies, real estate, retirement accounts, and any other investments.
1. 1. Consider organizing your business as a limited liability corporation (LLC) to reduce your personal risk in the business o LLC allows owners (members) to operate their business without the