Skip to main content
Christopher J Zachar

Christopher Zachar’s Answers

233 total

  • Can I get the other insured driver to pay for my medical bills rather than have my own health insurance provider pay for them?

    I had to go to the E.R. and a hand specialist after a car accident which was the fault of the other driver. The medical bills recently came in and on 2 of them, it said the bills have been sent to my medical providers and 1 of them said I have the...

    Christopher’s Answer

    First, consider changing law firms. If you cannot speak with your attorney and a legal assistant is making decision, don’t walk—run.

    Second, you should absolutely send ALL medical bills to your health insurance. There are very precise reasons for this. A “real” attorney in a “real” law firm will explain this to you.

    See question 
  • A serious injury occurred during a sports demonstration, which type of lawyer should be consulted?

    Injured is an independent contractor who is paid for performing in videos. The injured's neck was broken while participating in a demonstration, The private film company does not carry liability ins. for their performers. Reportedly...

    Christopher’s Answer

    • Selected as best answer

    The information provided is far too vague, but initially, find a personal injury lawyer who is a Certified Specialist in injury and wrongful death law.

    See question 
  • Should i use an atty

    I was rearended car was left wrist lowerback and left leg were starting to hurt.although i saw a dr (where i work) she addressed the wrist with ordering xrays but listed nothing about my leg or back.left wthout a car i was...

    Christopher’s Answer

    It sounds to me like you should consult with an experienced injury lawyer.

    Should I seek care? What type of care is normal after an accident like mine?

    My PCP didn't really do anything--is this normal?

    How do I handle my property damage? Can I get a rental?

    These are all very important questions. An experienced injury lawyer can help with all of this.

    See question 
  • Personal injury and/or lawsuit. How can I find a lawyer to help me with a dog biting/attacking my 3 year old daughter?

    My 3 year old daughter was with her father (ex husband) on visitation over the weekend. He left her unsupervised and alone in a separate room at his friend's house with a dog (I'm pretty sure it was a pit bull) and she got bit pretty badly. She wa...

    Christopher’s Answer

    The best resource to find the right attorney is likely online. Check AVVO and Google.

    Look for an attorney experienced in dog bite cases. Avoid the big advertisers. Look for an experienced trial attorney.

    Look for an attorney who is a Certified Specialist in Injury and Wrongful Death cases.

    Then, check their online reviews and when ready call for a consultation. Check their AVVO rating.

    If you are comfortable with the information you receive, then you have probably found the right one.

    See question 
  • Do i need a lawyer for this matter?

    Hello my name is willie Brooks and i have a question about car accident that i was in, I want to know how long does the process of a claim to be complete takes? And how long does it take for a adjuster from the other insurance company takes to vie...

    Christopher’s Answer

    Good questions.

    What can you do when the other side's insurer is dragging things out?

    1. Talk to an experienced attorney regarding your case;
    2. If you have your own insurance, see if that is an option;
    3. If the case is significant enough, consider filing a lawsuit (that will get their attention).

    None of these are pleasant circumstances. The insurance company adding insult to your injuries makes it more unpleasant.

    Learn your rights and make the best decisions based upon that.

    See question 
  • In a car accident, is $15,000 the most I could get for bodily injury and pain and suffering?

    Other drivers fault. Fractured my wrist and going to a chiropractor to fix my neck bone to get it to curve again. He had State farm. I only had liability insurance. In AZ, could i get more than $15k??

    Christopher’s Answer

    Yes, in Arizona there is no limit to the amount you can recover. It is true that the amount you actually receive may be related to the at fault party's insurance limits--whatever it is, but you are not compelled to accept that amount.

    See question 
  • Is it possible that the other insured person in a car crash can have no limits on bodily injury?

    Is there always a limit like $15000 or $100,000 or can there be no limit on how much I make for bodily injuries

    Christopher’s Answer

    Likely, there is a limit to the insurance limits of an at-fault driver’s auto policy.

    However, under Arizona law, there is no limit as to the amount you can seek in damages.

    Although an insurance policy may only pay X, you have the right to collect the excess directly from the at-fault driver.

    I hope this helps.

    See question 
  • Should I tell my lawyer I have pain in my neck and knee for a better claim?

    I have slight pain in my knee and neck and my attorney wants me to see a therapist who'll work on a lien and he says it'll make a better claim. I don't want to do this because the doctors will just take more money at the end and that money can be ...

    Christopher’s Answer

    Suggestion: Just because you see a therapist does not lock you into any long terms treatment.

    See the therapist(s). Get evaluated and get answers. Understand your condition better. Maybe they have some helpful suggestions for home exercise that will help.

    On the other hand, maybe you have a problem that will not go away on its own. Having seen a medical provider, and having your symptoms documented in writing sooner rather than later will help your claim.

    See question 
  • Is there anyone that help?

    I was bitten by a dog Dec 9th 2014 and the lawyer I had sent two affidavits out to the dogowner. Come to find out the owner does not own the house or property. They couldn't do anything further to help. I wanted a private investigator hired cuz th...

    Christopher’s Answer

    This is a difficult circumstance. It sounds like there is no insurance to pay for your injuries and damages.

    Understand---that does not make the dog owner any less responsible. It only makes it harder to get paid.

    It is difficult for an experienced lawyer to get involved. Getting you the result is only Step 1. Then, actually collecting the money is Step 2.

    Best to you

    See question 
  • Car accident atty possible?

    I was hit by a driver with no insurance, I do have full coverage, but I don't think my insurance company will try to get my medical payments and suffering covered. I've never been in this situation. I need help.

    Christopher’s Answer

    If you truly have "full coverage", then there should insurance to help you.

    Insurance is a complicated issue; most people don't understand it.

    Seek the assistance of an experienced injury attorney.

    See question