Fred Rispoli’s Answers

Fred Rispoli

Phoenix Nursing Home Abuse / Neglect Lawyer.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Can I sue dignity health urgent care for misdiagnosis and failure to do their job right?

    Answered about 1 month ago.

    1. Jeremy David Bowen
    2. Fred Rispoli
    3. Jon Friedman
    4. Philip Anthony Fabiano
    4 lawyer answers

    That is such terrible news. I am so sorry for your loss. My colleagues have provided good points, and I would only add the following: For every potential legal claim there is a statute of limitations, which means that if you do not file a lawsuit within a certain amount of time, you lose the ability to file a lawsuit forever. In most medical malpractice cases, this is 2 years from the date of when the malpractice occurred or when you should have discovered it occurred (sometimes two...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. What is the state minimum for for repositioning a person in a nursing home

    Answered 5 months ago.

    1. Jason F. Abraham
    2. Jeffrey A. Pitman
    3. John L. Schroeder
    4. Richard Marc Katz
    5. Michael Brevda
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    My colleagues have provided great responses to your question, but I wanted to elaborate on some issues they discussed. As stated, a turning and repositioning schedule is integral for residents with mobility issues. Depending on your mother's condition, for example, she may even require more frequent positioning than the standard "every 2 hours." How she is repositioned is critical as well. One of my clients had a bed sore on his coccyx when he arrived at a facility, which required frequent...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. What is the nurse/patient ratio in a nursing home?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Fred Rispoli
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Stephen Ross Cohen
    4. Cameron Christopher Jehl
    4 lawyer answers

    While this may appear to be a simple question, many more factors must be known to provide a reliable response. The short answer is usually 2-3 nurses should be utilized on a given shift to properly care for 40 residents, but the number of certified nursing assistants (CNAs) assisting the nurses is critical as well. Here are some of the factors that influence what the exact ratio should be: (1) Acuity level of the residents--the "sicker" the residents, the more nurses required (an example of...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. My Mother is in a nursing home. The Doctor that sees her will not take her off 1 med. that causes strokes. I have POA covers all

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. J. Denise Carter
    2. George Samuel Johnson
    3. David Ian Schoen
    4. Michael Brevda
    5. Fred Rispoli
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    There are a few issues here, but as my fellow colleagues stated, the two immediate concerns are finding a different facility for your mother and contacting an attorney who specializes in nursing home abuse and neglect. First, regarding the doctor's prescriptions, there are limits to what a physician can and cannot do for a patient when the patient has a POA who instructs the physician NOT to administer a particular medication. The answer in your situation depends on additional facts, such as...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. Are there any class action lawsuits against AZ CPS?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Valarie A McNeice
    2. Fred Rispoli
    2 lawyer answers

    A class action against CPS regarding the agency's failure to protect children would be difficult to pursue because the damages suffered by each child and their family would likely be seen by a judge as too individualized to treat an entire class of individuals in the same manner. The State does, however, anticipate that individual cases brought against CPS will increase substantially this year as a recent report stated the agency experienced a "systemic failure" to investigate as much as 6500...